Director General (Bilingual) at Axis Human Capital Limited
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Axis Human Capital Limited
Axis Human Capital Limited - Our client, a Non-Governmental Organization, specialized in promoting social justice, human rights and governance, and based in Dakar seeks to hire a qualified candidate who is capable of transforming ideas into actions and to deliver results to fill the position below:
Director General (Bilingual)
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing, supervising and providing report on the management and development of the organization.
- He/She will report to the Management Board.
- Propose a multi-year, programmatic, institutional and financial strategy to the Board of Directors and implement the latter.
- Provide guidance for the development and execution of projects.
- Develop the regional and international reputation of the organization and its presence in the region with respect to financial and operational partners and public authorities.
- Planning, quality control and reporting on projects and programs
- Achieve results and outputs expected of the organization and measure them according to international and contractual standards.
- Ensure that evaluation and quality control methodologies exist and are implemented, in line with the organization’s general and sectoral strategies and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Ensure that work plans are prepared, approved, implemented and respected. That reports are submitted within deadlines and according to agreed quality standards.
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure that staff performance is systematically and regularly evaluated, and that talent is rewarded.
- Ensure that the staff adheres to the values of the institution and develops a friendly working environment based on the quest for excellence, efficiency and teamwork.
- In charge of the management of financial resources, ensuring financial sustainability and risk management.
- Conduct fundraising in line with the programmatic and institutional development strategy of the organization.
- Supervise the drafting of the institution’s financial strategy, conduct and control its implementation.
- Orient, control and approve the drafting of expenditure budgets (annual and project) proposed by the Department of Administration and Finance.
- Control and approve the operations and expenditures earmarked in the budget, following proposals from the DAF.
Requirement and Experiences
- Proven knowledge of regional issues related to media (including social media), human rights (notably the rights of women, youth and minors), democratic governance (fight against corruption, environmental management, migration), and the stakeholders involved.
- High-level managerial experience in project management in the above-mentioned fields; mastery of international norms and technical standards in project Monitoring and Evaluation (especially performance-based management).
- Exercise of these decision-making functions in a complex organization (multi-country; multi-project; multicultural; staff with diverse skillsets).
- Proven experience in the exercise of strategic leadership within a team and with partners (donors, authorities, CSOs – including media organizations, etc.-).
- Good knowledge of donors and experience in negotiation and project drafting, etc
- Experience in high-level institutional representation.
- Capacity to work (verbal and in writing) simultaneously in French and English.
- All cvs and cover letters should be in English and French.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Axis Human Capital Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Bilingual) at Axis Human Capital Limited
- Director of Programs (Bilingual) at Axis Human Capital Limited
- Know More About Axis Human Capital LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant at KraksTV
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Enyo Retail & Supply
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Owens and Xley
- Deputy Registrar (Operations) at Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN)
- Registrar/Chief Executive at Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN)
- Managing Director at KPMG
- Female Document Controller at Ascentech Services Limited
- Finance and Admin. Officer at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited