Contracting & Procurement Expediter at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 24 November, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and a leader in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programmes.
Contracting & Procurement Expediter
Reference ID: 93081BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Skillpool group: Contracting and Procurement
- The Expediter role requires someone with excellent communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting business deadlines and receiving critical orders on time.
- The expediter will be responsible for communicating with vendors and freight forwarders to ensure that Shell’s supplier partners deliver on time.
- The Expediter will be required to report any pending delivery delays to the end users and buyers and work with vendors and freight forwarders to help get deliveries to their destinations as soon as possible.
- Contact vendors to ensure purchase orders are received and acknowledged
- Maintain constant contact with vendors and freight forwarders while deliveries are en-route.
- Notify procurement lead and the business in a timely & proactive manner if a critical delivery is going to be late.
- Work with vendors to solve invoicing issues that could delay critical shipments.
- Work in a systematic way to identify and prioritize order deliveries.
- Work with the shipping team to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Run assigned reports to aid managerial decision making.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Buyers, Users, inventory controllers, Receipt and Dispatch (R & D) Team, Clearing and Forwarding Team, Vendor services team members, shipping team, vendors and the Freight Forwarders.
- Attend integrated activity planning and scheduling meetings to provide insight into delivery.
- Prepare various reports within the procurement Team that enables weekly procurement performance assessment.
- Attend the weekly team meetings and provide feedback on deliveries.
- Ensure business ethics are maintained to the highest level and ensure compliance with the Shell Group Statement of General Business Principles.
- Reports To: Supplier Delivery Lead
- Interfaces: Procurement Leads, Contract Managers, Vendors, Users (Requesters), Vendor Services, Inventory Analysts, shipping team, Receipt and Dispatch (R & D), Clearing and Forwarding Team.
- Approximately 60 Work Orders for expediting per month
- Dealing with tight deadlines and the ability to strongly influence vendor delivery performance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong academic background with a minimum 3 years work experience, either directly as an expediter, buyer or customer facing role
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain management concepts and purchasing.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Presentation; effective conversations and written).
- Track record of delivering result.
- Experience in Team Work, Team Building, And Facilitation.
- Data Analysis Skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, Internet, etc.) Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable
- Microsoft Excel skills on a micro and macro level.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the six advertised Finance and Contracting & Procurement Roles. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications.
- Kindly note that all fields are mandatory in the online applications forms.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Finance SAP MI & BI Analyst/Specialist at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Finance Specialist at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Finance Senior Analyst/Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Contracting & Procurement Buyers Asset Focal at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Contracting & Procurement Vendor Master Maintainer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Inventory Control Officer at Human Capital Partners (HCP)
- Supply Chain Assistant - Procurement /Logistics at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Female Store Keeper (Warehouse Supervisor) at RoVedana
- Store Keeper at CAT Construction Limited
- Procurement Manager at RusselSmith Group
- Procurement Assistant - Readvertised at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Procurement and Logistics Manager at Save The Children
- Store-Keeper at SIMS Nigeria Limited