UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
TA Programme Assistant (Construction), GS-5
Job Number: 517743
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
For every child
- Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key Functions/Accountabilities
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR's in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization's rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Method of Application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply