Project Manager for Integrated EiE and CP Programme at Street Child
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: 10 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Street Child
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and in the last few months Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response for Nigeria as well as, being partner of the Education in Emergency Working Group.
Project Manager for Integrated EiE and CP Programme
Location: Rann, Borno
- Street Child is looking for a dedicated Project Manager for our project funded by ECHO in partnership with UNICEF in Rann town, Kala Balge LGA.
- Our planned project is an integrated Education and Child Protection intervention that will include creating safe and child friendly learning environments, training education facilitators in delivery of the curriculum and trauma counselling, providing teaching and learning materials, case management for unaccompanied and separated children, children associated with armed groups or armed forces and victim of gender-based violence, strengthening a referral network and a local coordination system.
- The main responsibility of the Project Manager will be to lead on the implementation, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of activities, with focus on the quality and the impact of the project. The role will involve managing a team located both at field level and at the main office in Maiduguri and to work effectively with one implementing partner.
- The position proven capacity of project delivery, effective team management and effective partner management at a senior level. The ideal candidate would have a relevant previous experience, good communication skills, and excellent leadership abilities.
- Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
- Responsible overall for the implementation of Street Child’s ECHO project, including:
- Project planning, including development of work plans with budget, together with Street Child team and implementing partner
- Project delivery, including monitoring of activities progress again target, and supervising and recording project activities expenditure against budget
- Preparation of narrative and financial reports monthly, quarterly and annually as required on project activities to manager, partners and donor
- Identifying, troubleshooting and reporting issues with project implementation to the Senior Management Team as necessary
- Responsible for effectively management of implementing partner by:
- Leading the project team to effectively manage and support implementing partner, with a co-working approach;
- Overseeing the monitoring function of the Street Child team to identify and respond to issues with partner;
- Working with the Learning and Partnership Manager to identify partner training needs and coordinate with the team and partner to conduct tailored capacity building trainings, coaching and mentorship.
- Responsible for co-ordination and liaison between Street Child and other government agencies and coordination mechanism at local government level, representing Street Child at a senior level
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Street Child mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm Street Child’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
Qualification and Experience
- Master's Degree in Social Science, Education or equivalent
- Experience (at least 3 years) working in in project management roles ;
- Experience (at least 2 year) of working in North East Nigeria on the emergency response in education or child protection;
- Experience in managing sizable teams
- Proven evidence of having led the delivery of successful projects, ideally with a budget of $500k +
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills.
- Hausa language skills are high desirable
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Knowledge and ability to apply INEE and CP standards
Terms and Conditions:
- Contract is for one year, renewable with an initial probationary period of three months.
Method of Application
- Use the motivation space to clarify concisely why you are interested to work for Street Child and how your qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Street Child career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Street Child
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Safety and Security Officer (only for Nigerian) at Street Child
- Education Programme Assistant at Street Child
- MEAL Assistant at Street Child
- Finance Assistant at Street Child
- Know More About Street ChildSimilar Jobs
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- MEAL Manager at Catholic Relief Services
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager at Catholic Relief Services
- LGA Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Health System Strengthening Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- System Strengthening Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Sector Manager - Health System Strengthening at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Nutrition and Healthcare Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)