MEAL Assistant at Street Child
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: 10 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Street Child
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and in the last few months Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response for Nigeria as well as, being partner of the Education in Emergency Working Group.
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel to Rann (others in Borno, Adamawa, Yobe States if required)
Report to: MEAL Coordinator and Learning and Partnership Manager
Specification: Nigerian Nationals Only
Starting Date: 26 November 2018
Duration: 1 year (with 3 months as probation period)
- Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world
- We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and in the last few months Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response for Nigeria as well as, being partner of the Education in Emergency Working Group.
- Our work combines counselling, family mediation, business support, school building, and teacher training. We were a key player in the Ebola crisis and led the global response for children orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. We deliver everything through local partners and, since 2008, together we have built/renovated 156 schools and are now helping to educate over 40,000 young people
- Street Child works in the fields of education, child protection and livelihoods, working through sustainable solutions to stretch donations and create maximum impact.
- Street Child is looking for a dedicated M&E Assistant for our programme in Rann, Kala Balge LGA. Our planned programme will include emergency education interventions in collaboration with the Education in Emergencies Working Group, such as building temporary learning centers, training education facilitators in delivery of the curriculum and trauma counselling, and providing teaching and learning materials
- Street Child is also integrating activities relating to child protection to provide care and safety to children with protection concerns and support their caregivers with income generating activities.
- The main responsibility of the M&E Assistant will be to support the M&E Coordinator in collecting timely data, participating in needs assessment and impact assessment, work with local partners building their capacity on monitoring skills and processes. The position requires a good communication skills, leadership, and the capacity to work with a team.
- Provide supervision for quantitative data collection activities
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires
- Provide supervision for data entry of quantitative data, clean data and conduct data analysis.
- Supervise all M&E casual workers (Enumerators and Data Entry clerks)
- Conduct observations, Market Surveys (shop monitoring), Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews with different persons of different age groups (children, youth, adults) and different gender.
- Enter data from FGDs, shop monitoring, observations and KIIs, participate in data analysis and draft reports
- Compile data from surveys using relevant and appropriate computer packages
- Participate in the baseline, mid-term and end of term evaluations of programmes in accordance with the M&E framework
- Ensure that hard copies and soft copies of data collected is kept at project sites
- Plan with MEAL Coordinator Officers and L&P Manager data collection needs and activities
- Prepare informative field reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis
- Contribute to minutes taking and sharing during internal or external meetings or events
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful approaches to Education;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Street Child mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm Street Child’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in International Development, International Relations or other relevant disciplines
- Experience (up to 1 years) working with NGO preferably in Humanitarian setting
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills
- Kanuri language is an advantage
- Good analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience
- Preferred knowledge of ODK/Kobo database
- Preferred understanding of logframes, M&E plans, and indicators
Method of Application
- Use the motivation space to clarify concisely why you are interested to work for Street Child and how your qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Street Child career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Street Child
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Safety and Security Officer (only for Nigerian) at Street Child
- Education Programme Assistant at Street Child
- Project Manager for Integrated EiE and CP Programme at Street Child
- Finance Assistant at Street Child
- Know More About Street ChildSimilar Jobs
- National Graduate Volunteer for Improving Market Access for the Poor (IMA4P) at VSO
- Program Officer, Fortification Quality Assessment at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Mothers Group Assistant at PACT
- Consultant - Review of ActionAid's Community Sponsorship Initiative. at ActionAid Nigeria
- Urban Livelihood Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Community Development Facilitator (CDF) at North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Social Behavioral Change Communications (SBCC) Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Livelihood National Professional Volunteer at VSO