The Application Developer will be responsible for developing, testing, installing and monitoring software applications, in order to ensure that the software performance meets company and user’s requirements.
This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience
Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases. The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
- Creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application or program. Also responsible for designing the prototype application, indicating program unit structure, and coordinating application plans with other members of the development team or customer.
- Responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications on a variety of platforms and systems.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- Working closely with other staff on the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
- Finding and fixing faults in applications.
- Solving application problems in a timely manner.
- Ensuring proper version control and documentation of development activity.
- Developing user guides and providing varying degrees of software support.
- Making sure that applications can be run on existing and new hardware.
- Creating applications tailored to business needs to run on platforms/hardware.
- Delivering technical presentations/demonstrations of work.
- Researching, identifying and recommending new applications that would improve company operations.
- Applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of the company’ IT investments and initiatives.
- Reports – Generating the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports and presentations based on applications developed or improved on.
- Monitoring and managing databases for optimal performance.
- Recognize business needs of the organization and create new applications that answer those needs.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc, B.A) in Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 2-4 years of application development experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- 4 years delivery experience with Java and .NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)