Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Contract Period: indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported byMSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed.
- Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the page 1 of 2 pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential, Degree of Pharmacy Management or Nursing related studies, or medical profile.
- At least 2 years certified work experience as a pharmacy manager.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates, NYSC Certificates/Exemption letters to: email@example.com
Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
No. 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Maitama - Abuja.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- This vacancy is open to all Nigeria citizens.