Educational/Developmental Psychologist at Greensprings School
Posted on: 2 November, 2018
Deadline: 16 November, 2018
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Greensprings School
Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months - 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
- Using psychological tests, theories and procedures to support the wellbeing and learning of young people
- Helping young people with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential
- Recommending, developing and administering appropriate therapies and strategies
- Working with young people, their families and school staff, including teachers and learning support assistants
- Carrying out psychological assessments to uncover a child's problem
- Writing reports
- Conducting research
- Providing training
- Advising and making recommendations on educational policies
- Counsel children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment.
- Develop individualized educational plans in collaboration with teachers and other staff members.
- Maintain student records, including special education reports, confidential records, records of services provided, and behavioural data.
- Attend workshops, seminars, and/or professional meetings in order to remain informed of new developments in school psychology.
- Design classes and programs to meet the needs of special students.
- Refer students and their families to appropriate agencies for medical, vocational, or social services.
- Initiate and direct efforts to foster tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity in school communities.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of academic programs and other services, such as behavioural management systems.
- Provide educational programs on topics such as classroom management, teaching strategies, or parenting skills.
- Conduct research to generate new approach and techniques to increase learning and development as well as new knowledge that can be used to address learning and behaviour issues.
- Compile and interpret students' test results, along with information from teachers and parents, in order to diagnose conditions, and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Assess an individual child's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.
- Select, administer, and score psychological tests.
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, administrators, and others on topics such as learning styles and behaviour modification techniques.
- Promote an understanding of child development and its relationship to learning and behaviour.
- Collaborate with other educational professionals to develop teaching strategies and school programs.
- Provide teachers with training on the management of child learning disorders such as autism and ADHD
- Assist physically and mental disadvantaged students in overcoming learning difficulties
- Work with parents and teachers in addressing students’ emotional, academic, and behavioural issues
- Design and implement strategies that foster social and educational development
- B.Sc Educational/Developmental Psychology
- Must have M.Sc in Educational/Developmental Psychology
- Minimum of 3years cognate experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft package
- Ensuring high standards of discipline and work ethics
- Participating in CPD (Continuous Professional Development)
- The ability to relate to children and young adults
- Sensitivity and Confidentiality
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Excellent listening
- Observational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Empathy and rapport
Essential Values, Behaviours and Attitudes
Staff members are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the seven core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV to: email@example.com
- Recent Jobs from Greensprings School
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor at Greensprings School
- Deputy Operations Manager at Greensprings School
- Know More About Greensprings SchoolSimilar Jobs
- Experienced Biology and Chemistry Teacher at Christhill Schools
- Part Time Yoruba and Hausa Language Teacher at Brickhall School
- Academic Assistant at Tufts Management School
- School Teacher at Values Montessori School
- English Studies and Lit. In English Teacher at Roemichs International School
- Teacher at Imagine Early Years & Elementary
- Educationa Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Teacher of Home Economics at Roemichs International School