NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
PS Project Manager II
Ref Id: R0074033
- Manage the daily activities through performance of managerial duties of planning, leading, organizing, and controlling the assigned project group personnel, budgets, and operating conditions in the installation and maintenance of client company’s developmental software networks and operating systems.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Coordinate software system installation on a project by project basis.
- Meet with managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Perform troubleshooting of business applications in response to end-user reported problems.
- Perform design, testing, debugging, and installation of business applications for assigned area(s).
- Assist in formulating functional and technical specifications based upon operational needs of assigned business unit(s).
- Document technical aspects of creating or modifying applications and/or databases.
- Develop testing requirements and plan to validate application changes and supporting business processes.
- Collaborate with business unit(s), other technology areas, and vendors to identify alternative solutions and translate operational needs into IT specifications.
- Participate in applicable phases of project management involving changes to existing and/or new applications.
- Communicate status of each phase for assigned projects to management on a scheduled basis.
- Provide support to end-users on features and functions of applications for assigned area(s).
- Collaborate with IT team to ensure optimal operational performance of business applications.
- Perform technical testing and implementation of revised or new databases or applications.
- Develop/test comprehensive business continuity/disaster recovery plans and procedures for assigned area(s)
- Provide technical leadership in the definition of application architecture.
- Document existing business systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives in business systems architecture.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for the evolution of business applications.
- Contribute to strategic planning initiatives for assigned area(s).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people.
- NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies:
- To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list.
- Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NCR Corporation career website on ncr.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply