FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Teacher Education Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Project Director
- The Teacher Education Specialist will have overall responsibility for managing and providing quality assurance for teacher professional development.
- He or she will develop tools and resources to support the training and supervision of trainers, as well as for evaluating program effectiveness.
- He or she will also provide leadership on the design of teacher training materials, including scope, sequence and timing of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Nonformal Education Specialist will provide technical leadership on revisions for the original Education Crisis Response materials (including literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional learning).
- Coordinate relevant staff and consultants to ensure timely delivery of material packages. In collaboration with relevant specialists, provide technical leadership for training development, including revision of existing training resources from Education Crisis Response.
- Assist in the selection of Master Trainers.
- Provide leadership and oversight of training of trainers and step-down trainings to teachers. Write reports of relevant activities, including materials development and training.
- Work closely with Senior Technical Officer, M&E to provide ongoing program oversight, including regular review of M&E data, site visits to schools and non-formal learning centers, and review of reports from activities.
- Build capacity of relevant staff members to assist in program oversight.
- Suggest improvements to program materials and implementation.
- On an as-needed basis, give presentations to stakeholders, donors and project staff members on technical work and achievements. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Education or another relevant field is required with 7-9 years’ experience working in basic education programming in developing context;
- Master's degree in education or relevant field is desired with 5-7 years’ experience working in basic education programming in developing context.
- 2-5 years working in crisis or conflict-affected areas is required Familiarity with the Nigerian education system is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of literacy and numeracy instruction and materials development, particularly in the Nigerian context.
- Knowledge and experience in training of trainers and teachers.
- Experience implementing basic education programs in developing contexts; experience in crisis and conflict-affected contexts is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Northeast Nigeria strongly desired; Sensitivity to cultural norms and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues is highly desired.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.