FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Senior Programs Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party
- As member of a program team, provides program oversight and system improvement/ development for field programs for the Addressing Education in Northeast Nigeria (AENN) Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design and implementation process of country programs, subagreements and task orders; and act as primary point of contact for select countries.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports and other relevant documents for field programs, e.g., quarterly implementing agency and country office program implementation and financial reports.
- Contribute to the Division’s annual strategic planning, work planning and budgeting processes, including identification of potential projects for bi-lateral or third-party funding.
- Manage the development of tools and procedures for project implementation; reporting; monitoring; evaluation; capacity assessment; and/or management consistent with cooperative agreement requirements and manages dissemination of procedures to other staff.
- Coordinate support for design and implementation planning, and technical assistance visits, including participation on field teams in select countries.
- Determine the feasibility of developing new projects based on current initiatives and capabilities.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, government representatives, local health and research professionals, and recipients of assistance.
- Represent selected field programs and other organizations, including donors, and local and international partners.
- Provide leadership and team building at the project level Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in Public Health or related field, and 7 - 9 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Overseas field experience required. or MS/MA in public health or related field, and 5 - 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Overseas field experience required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of education project implementation Managing donor funded projects.
- Written and verbal communication skills. Relevant language skills.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, may structure work of staff members.
- Capable of performing responsibilities of Program Officer. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally at least 25%.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.