FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Contracts and Grants Officer
Supervisor: Contracts & Grants Manager
- Under the direction of the C&G Manager, the C&G Officer shall provide support in the administration of contracts, grants, task orders and cooperative agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for review of sub-agreement and subcontracting implementation activities and contractual arrangements to ensure they meet with donor and organizational regulations.
- Interpret and apply funding regulations to ensure that all FHI policies and procedures and federal procurement and contracting requirements are met for sub-agreement and subcontracting activities.
- Provide support to other staff to ensure project-wide understanding of contractual issues.
- Implements procedures for projects to ensure that adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
- Keep current with changes in contractual regulations.
- Provides support on special projects within C&G.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Masters degree in Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of donor contracts and grants regulations is essential.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories and practices.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow.
- Interpret funding regulations and procedures.
- Relevant computer software skills with proficiency in excel.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'myjobmag_myjobdb.training.featured' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT