FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
- Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support for assigned staff members
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors, including travel logistics, meetings with staff and other organizations.
- For final versions, type, format, edit correspondence, papers, reports, proposals, sub-agreements, purchase requisitions, and other written work generated by assigned staff members.
- Assist in the coordination of departmental/zonal budget and procurements; generate reports to assist in financial management reporting. Compose general correspondence, schedules and memoranda as needed.
- Assist with production of non-routine publications, e.g. specific brochures. Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Use initiative to improve work flow and improve systems for clerical functions. Prepare minutes for meetings and follow up with staff members for action items.
- Develop and manage a database and record keeping system for assigned areas.
- Organize and set-up internal meetings. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree, recognized equivalent or HND.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in NGO is required Familiarity with international NGO is an advantage.
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is an advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information. Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.