- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Financial Audit Manager at IHS Towers
Posted on: 30 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Financial Audit Manager
Reports To: Associate Director, Financial Audit & Internal Control
- Execute, evaluate, and track identified deficiencies with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Apply relevant policies, procedures and processes to ensure adherence and implementation
- Oversee the overall performance of indirect reports and dependencies according to communicated KPIs.
- Identify, map and continuously update key financial controls specific to financial reporting.
- Plan, undertake and supervise financial and system audits within the Finance function to ensure that all functions and systems of Finance are working in line with management-advised guidelines.
- Perform and supervise tests of the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of key financial controls.
- Assist testers undertaking the control self-assessments.
- Train Sox champions on the provisions of Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Collect, review and analyze workings and other financial information prepared by accounting department for identification of exceptions.
- Incorporate external and internal audit findings into testing scope.
- Align internal control evaluations with external audits.
- Supervise the regional audits for: Pre-audit of invoices, Site visits, Cash counts, Inventory count, Document reviews and Other risk & control related tasks
- Review and audit of financial schedules prepared by accounting team.
- Identify and review controls in automation projects for finance in new ERP.
- Support the finance team in implementation of new control activities.
- Test compliance with approved processes and notifying the exceptions.
- Analyze and review other non-financial information reported to management for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist the external auditors in their assessment of internal controls over financial reporting by providing evidence of management review of internal controls.
- Draft consolidated monthly management reports on the assessment of the internal control environment for all the entities
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the department through performing own responsibilities.
- Set own goals and objectives in line with the departmental goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Audit/Risk Management
- Chartered Accountant/ACCA certified
- Internal or external audit training
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in audit & accounting with at least two (2) years in a managerial/supervisory role.
- Demonstrate experience in planning and execution of risk based internal or external audits.
- Demonstrate experience in preparation or review of financial results.
- Experience with evaluation of ITGC for integrated financial audits.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.
- Know More About IHS TowersSimilar Jobs
- Experienced Hire at MyJobMag Limited
- Audit Staff at Dara Ajayi & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Factory Accountant at Victoria Water Services Limited
- Accountant/ Administrative Officer at Summit Orthopaedics
- Tax Manager at Simba Group
- Account Clerk at Animal Care Services Consult
- Hotel Accountant at HRmadam Consulting
- Financial Controller/Manager at WFO International