The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Shift Incharge Personnel, Utility
Fuction/Domain: Refinery Operations CPP and Utility
- Ensures personally the safety of personnel and the process safety of his area.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance during his shift; single point of accountability.
- Oversees the shift operation of the unit / units and maintains shift logs.
- Implements the production plan for the unit during the shift, as per instructions of Area in Charge.
- Assists in implementing the optimization of plant performance under the advice of Area in Charge.
- Instructs Panel and Field Officers on the shift operations to be carried out.
- Issues work requests to the maintenance team and follows up for completion.
- Conducts safety talks and tool box talks at regular intervals On General Shift: (Maintenance Coordinator and Similar Positions)
- Prepares job list for shut down.
- Ensures upkeep of safety equipment /BA sets/ responders / oxygen meters / PPES.
- Raises request for chemicals, catalysts, consumables and other materials required for plant operation.
- Prioritizes and plans Maintenance activities.
- Oversees upkeep of documents, systems and procedures
- Coordinates with Maintenance to carry out Maintenance activities as per operational requirement to ensure equipment reliability in operation.
- Oversees the training of Panel and Field Officers within the Block
- Handles preparation and updating of Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions etc.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in refinery utility operations.
- Demonstrated ability to generate or closely supervise generation of key operating manuals and procedures for the area of responsibility.
- Track record of commitment to safety and the development of his team.
- Fully conversant with water chemistry, N2 generation system and membrane technology.
- B.E. / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
View Dangote salaries here
All vacancies at Dangote Group can be found HERE