Tearfund Nigeria - We are a Christian organisation partnering with the local church wherever possible to see change in the lives of those in greatest economic need. We believe poverty is caused by broken relationships with God, others, the environment and ourselves. Restoring those relationships is key to how we work, and we want to see change that is economic, material, environmental and spiritual. We are courageous, truthful, compassionate, servant-hearted and Christ-centred; values that are at the heart of Tearfund.
SGBV Programme Coordinator
Group: International Group Countries
Team: West Africa
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Responsible To: West Africa Cluster Lead
- To take support the implementation of SGBV projects and interventions in the West African Cluster, starting with Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
- To provide technical support and capacity building for country programme staff implementing SGBV projects/interventions. Dotted line-manager for Templeton project staff in Nigeria.
- To liaise with internal colleagues and external contacts on SGBV and related themes such as FGM/C & EFCM
- To support the WA Cluster and Thematic Support Team in managing specific SGBV projects and providing operational and strategic support to partner organisations for the progression of the SGBV in West Africa Cluster, starting with Nigeria and Liberia.
Position In Organisation
- Reports to WA Cluster lead or assignee and works closely with Thematic Support staff: FGM/C & EFCM Programme Coordinator and the SGBV Integration Programme Coordinator (for Templeton project in Nigeria.
- Responsible for delivery of designated SGBV projects.
- The Templeton Project Manager and the SGBV Coordinator will have a dotted reporting line to the SGBV Programme Coordinator for WA.
Participation in the Spiritual Life of Tearfund
- To lead or participate in spiritual sessions of prayer and biblical reflection within the Team / Group
- To be committed to Tearfund’s Missions, Values and Beliefs statement.
- To be committed to actively working and living in accordance with Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
- To maintain your own spiritual development
Strategy and Programmes:
- Support countries to develop SGBV strategies and implementation plans.
- Support capacity development of Nigeria and Liberia country offices and partners.
- Support coordination and management of SGBV Projects in Nigeria and Liberia
- To liaise with donors in country and support the leveraging of funds in line with country strategies
- Continuously scope for opportunities for in-country funding and inform the Cluster lead or Thematic Support staff of the same to initiate negotiations and application processes as per Tearfund established procedures
Technical and Project Support
- Provide technical support and capacity building for SGBV programme and partner staff working closely with the Protection and Gender Unit.
- Dotted line management of John Templeton Project staff, and Nigeria SGBV Coordinator working closely with the Protection and Gender Unit.
- Work closely with the Programme Funding Team and the Protection and Gender Unit to support funding proposal development
- If required, provide assistance to the management of institutional donor contracts that are administered in-country
- Promote, capture and disseminate learning from programmes and ensure this informs future programme development across the cluster
- Keep up regular meetings between cluster and country staff and UK-based staff in the Thematic Support Team to ensure project activities are on track and to share learning to increase overall improvement of project implementation and organisational learning.
- Maintain oversight of Tearfund SGBV related budget expenditures in Nigeria and Liberia
- Responsible for regular monitoring and reporting to WA Cluster lead and Thematic Support Staff against agreed outcome
- Maybe required to support programme development in any other cluster country if necessary
Corporate Policy and Compliance
- Awareness & responsibility in line with Tearfund’s Safeguarding Policy & procedures
- External and Internal Liason, Networking and Representation For Sgbv Work
- Represent Tearfund in regional, and local meetings including with high level government officials, creating good rapport and relationships.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors and networks
- Represents Tearfund’s interests as delegated by the WA Cluster Lead before appropriate government authorities, departments etc.
- Share learning within Tearfund and with other organisations
- Internal communication relating to cross organisational learning and shared working relating to external representation of Tearfund
- Degree or equivalent level of knowledge in related development field: gender, HIV, SGBV, Public Health -
- Any additional qualification in gender related subjects
- Significant field experience of working across cultures
- Substantial work with a development organisation
- Programme development and Project Management Experience
- Development of project proposals
- Working around sensitive issues in communities
- Working through partner organizations in a capacity building model
- Experience in gender related work
- Experience of working in West Africa.
- Management of projects and reporting to donors.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Good project management skills
- Budget management
- IT skills for project management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Delivery of tasks as per deadlines
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Delivery of training and workshop facilitation
- Media skills
- Working knowledge of Frenchoral and written
- Media skills
- Committed Christian
- Confident communicator
- Works with integrity
- Able to take initiative
- Excellent time management
- Team player
- Strong organising skills
- An understanding of and a commitment to Tearfund’s Mission, Values and Beliefs Statement
- All roles require a basic DBS check or a police check if the role is based outside the UK
Method of Application
Potential Interview Date
14th November, 2018.
Interested and qualified? Go to TearFund career website on jobs.tearfund.org to apply