The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Estates Communication Officer
Ref Id: 20/18 ABJ
Grade: A2 (L)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Start Date: 1 December 2018
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main Purpose of Job
- To provide prompt and effective Help Desk support, professional Customer Service and communications on behalf of the Abuja Estates Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the Estates helpdesk and maintain regular and effective communication with relevant stakeholders (i.e. Customers, Estates Team, CS management and the wider office).
- Raise work-requests for reactive and planned preventative maintenance tasks within agreed authority
- Monitor and report on service level agreements both internally and externally and compile monthly Estates KPIs
- Monitor, acknowledge and reschedule rejected works from officers and communicate as appropriate
- Ensure all work requests received are logged correctly, timelessly, and disbursed to the appropriate sections of the Estate Team
- Maintain the works request data base, monitor active works-request dashboard and report daily progress to the relevant Estate managers and TWS.
- Calculate cost of materials and man-hours used on each property and produce monthly expense reports
- Monitor works requests to ensure timely completion as specified in the Corporate Services Charter.
- Handle all internal and external communications for the Estates team and maintain proper records of this for audit purposes.
- Carry out any other duties as required, or directed by the Estates/FM Management Team
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Candidates must have a relevant first degree as a minimum.
- He/she must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and have proven communications and customer service target driven experience, preferably in the commercial world.
- He/she must have sound knowledge of the local business environment/practices and excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- In addition, he/she should have significant experience in people management, work scheduling and organisation and demonstrate strong I.T and problem solving skills.
- Capable of working quickly and accurately (attention to detail).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a high paced environment
- Training / Qualifications in Communications
- Training / Qualifications in Customer Service.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service.
Starting monthly salary - N438,934.
Method of Application
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Interested and qualified? Go to British High Commission career website on fco.tal.net to apply