Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 3 months, but subject to renewal based on funding and performance
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direction of the National Coordina and State Programme Team Lead, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/baseline/endline survey/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project location both in Borno and Adamawa state and will report to the NC, but will also work closely with the BDO and other heads of programmes/projects for technical support.
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a baseline/endline survey at the start and end of the project.
- Lead in beneficiary identification, selection and registration.
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout rapid need (including market) assessments for proposed and new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Work with WASH officer for EPI Data collection for WASH related projects
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries and other stakeholders for each project.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure a timely submission of the baseline study report, post distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedbacks and complaints management reports and evaluations reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the Kobo collect and iFormBuiider (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools using smart phones.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile quarterly beneficiary data.
Interested candidate will:
- Have a Degree/HND in Social Science, Art, Humanity or related field with minimum of 1year experience in a project management, stakeholders relations and administration-related role.
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Be committed to the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
- At least 6 months experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in the NGO sector
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, Kobo collect.
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and updated CV to: email@example.com
- The title of the position for example "Protection/Case Management Support Officer"must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.