Project Support Officer - Food Security and Livelihood at Green Concern for Development
Posted on: 26 October, 2018
Deadline: 10 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Green Concern for Development
Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
Project Support Officer - Food Security and Livelihood
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Food Security Officer will provide leadership and management of all aspects of the food security and livelihoods activities integrated to nutrition projects in Maiduguri.
- S/he will be responsible for the implementation of food assistance programs involving cash/food voucher transfers and ensuring program quality, completion of activities within budget and project period, and identifying new needs for program expansion and improvement.
- S/he will be part of the Nutrition team based in Maiduguri and will contribute to deepening IMC Nutrition and Food Security Programs.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Take lead in the management of emergency food security activities into the CMAM program in the NE operation.
- Support the team to define the implementing methodology, organize trainings, define and implement a realistic work plan, develop monitoring and evaluation tools, adapted to cash and voucher approaches.
- Organize and take an active part in field and community rapid assessments, market mapping and analysis, beneficiary’s selection in order to collect information and data needed for the design, monitoring and evaluation of cash-based transfers.
- Analyse the technical performance of on-going projects and participate in food security assessments, surveys, data collection and analysis and contribute to improving the quality of food security programming.
- Take charge of developing tools and systems to facilitate the implementation of food assistance programs.
- In coordination with the Nutrition support officer, contribute to the management of the project team through the definition of responsibilities, evaluation of technical capacities and training, capacity building to strengthen cash/voucher transfers programming.
- Liaise with the State Programme Team Lead and Nutrition Support Officer, Finance and Admin to ensure that project budget, equipment and local supply planning as well as the efficient management of financial resources in line with donor TOR/contract and the NGO policies.
- Ensure regular and quality project reporting in a timely manner and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Supervise volunteers and field staff, and ensure effective and timely coordination of activities with the Food Security and livelihood actors in project states
- Represent NGO at the Food Security Cluster meeting and ensure that NGO is active and visible
- Communicate in a timely manner any changes in project implementation arising out of security concerns and liaise with the Security Manager for remedial action.
- Liaise with the Logistics Team to ensure that procurement's are timely initiated, monitored and prioritized by the logistics team;
- Provide assistance for the development of new food security opportunities and advise the Nutrition Support Officer on matters relating to food security.
Interested candidate will:
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in Agriculture, Nutrition, Development Studies, or other relevant certifications
- Strong analytical skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Flexible and creative
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Be a team player
- At least 1 years’ experience in humanitarian interventions focusing on food security and nutrition
- An understanding of food security interventions.
- Good command of English and knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the position for example "Protection/Case Management Support Officer"must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is none paid. Meaning no salary- however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
- Recent Jobs from Green Concern for Development
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection/Case Management Support Officer at Green Concern for Development
- Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) at Green Concern for Development
- State Programme Team Lead at Green Concern for Development
- Project Support Officer - Nutrition (CMAM/IYCF-E) at Green Concern for Development
- Project Support Officer - WASH at Green Concern for Development
- Business Development Officer (BDO) at Green Concern for Development
- Finance and Admin Assistant at Green Concern for Development
- MEAL Officer at Green Concern for Development
- Know More About Green Concern for DevelopmentSimilar Jobs
- Reproductive Health and Nutrition Team Leaders ( Midwife)-RANN at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Advocacy and Capacity Building Specialist at Plan International
- Livelihoods and Food Security Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- IMPACT Consortium Assessment Manager at IMPACT Initiatives
- Complaints Response Mechanism Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Grants and Fundraising Officer at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Program Assistant at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University