Senior Accountant at Swift Networks
Posted on: 25 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Swift Networks
Swift Networks Limited is a facilities-based telecommunications services provider. The company was founded in 2002, since inception, Swift Networks has invested heavily in “next generation” networking technologies to build a multi-service network platform.
Due to rapid expansion we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill a strategic business position below as we maintain our status as the leading broadband connectivity services provider in Nigeria:
- To ensure that the company’s financial transactions are up to date and properly documented
- To ensure the accuracy and integrity of the General ledger
- To ensure that procedures according to laid down corporate financial policies are followed
- To ensure that all financial transactions are input into the accounting system
- Responsible for integrity of General ledger
- Implementing procedures according to Corporate policies and procedures
- Producing multi-dimensional reports for Management decision
- Ensuring that all costs are properly tracked and that OPEX and CAPEX are within budget
- Preparing and implementing budgets for the entire Company
- Costing of the Company’s products, materials, and services
- Demonstrating cost cutting initiatives aiming at providing best solution at lower cost
- Developing and implementing effective controls framework and management systems to guide and support business operations
- To strictly adhere to all financial policies and procedures
- To reconcile Company’s Bank Accounts
- To maintain Fixed Assets registers
- To deal with all Tax matters
- To assist with the preparation of the budget
- To maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- To issue cheques for suppliers due
- To maintain financial files and documents
- To maintain and reconcile the accounts payable
- To book all invoices received
- To generate relevant financial reports that will aid management in taking key decisions
- To reconcile all vendors’ accounts
- To process vendors’ invoices
- To reconcile Receivable Accounts
- To attend to Customers account query and send manual invoices where necessary
- To raise monthly journal-HQ and outlets
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in Accounting, Finance or any related field from a reputable Nigerian or international institution.
- Possession of a Master's degree and relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least Four Years experience in similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Team playing skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good knowledge of spread sheets
- Proficient and versatile in the use of technology and accounting software packages
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and pressurized work environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to innovate, prioritize and implement effectively
- Hard work, High level of honesty and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Uniquely, the work environment offers a first class condition with a very attractive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please attach an updated CV while sending in their applications.
Interested and qualified? Go to Swift Networks career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About Swift NetworksSimilar Jobs
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Finance & Grants Officer at Plan International
- Senior Executive, Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Nielsen Company
- Account Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Lead Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates