FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Security Coordinator
- The Security Officer under the direct guidance of the Security Coordinator will mitigate the risks poised to Programs, personnel and assets through provision of expertise and focused Security Management support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- S/He will focus on the continuous implementation of strategies and protocols to ensure a high level of security for staff, assets and programs.
- S/He will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with program and program support teams.
- S/He will promote a strong Safety and Security culture at field offices through continuous security trainings.
- S/He will support in carrying out security risk assessments (SRA) based on contextual risk levels including the Safety and Security for all IHANN staff, eligible dependents, resources, assets, facilities, programs while ensuring compliance with FHI 360’s Security policy.
- Assist the State Offices, field locations in the day to day conduct of office security, ensuring adequate responses to security incidents both natural and man-made.
- Supervise implementation of security contractors and guard companies as per agreement.
- Manage physical security, fire safety and office evacuation drills periodically.
- Establish network with other key security players for information sharing and joint lobbying on security matters where possible.
- Attend security meetings such as INSO and provide feedback from such meetings.
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulations for working in the North-East.
- Draft security advisories and for general situations and specific incidents during periods of heightened threat.
- As part of the North East Security Team, deal with security incidents involving FHI 360 staff and assets, inform as necessary and recommend response actions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Security Management or related field.
- Professional certification in security risk management or advanced security management highly desirable.
- Security or management certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 5 - 7 years working in security Industry, experience working in complex insecure settings preferred.
- 3 years working in Security management for NGO or donor funded organization.
- Experience in liaising with law enforcement agencies in Nigeria.
- Experience in managing incidents, incident mapping, developing and producing high quality security reports and assessments.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrative security management experience in hostile environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.