Sanitation Supervisor at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Posted on: 23 October, 2018
Deadline: 30 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and is scaling up an emergency response in Benue and Cross River States. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
Location: Adikpo, Benue
- The Sanitation Officer will support the Sanitation Supervisor in the implementation of sanitation infrastructure
- Carrying out frequent check on the status of Sanitation facilities and coordinating with the sanitation officer for timely repair and maintenance of the facilities
- Supervising masonry, carpentry and other artisans for quality and specifications in the construction of sanitation and hygiene facilities in the settlement
- Implementing daily plans on sanitation activities as advised by the sanitation officer
- Coordinating with the other WASH field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH response are integrated.
- Prioritizing the inclusiveness of all safety/privacy/protection issues in all sanitation facilities constructed in settlements
- Assisting the Sanitation Officer on data collection and mapping of completed sanitation and hygiene facilities while ensuring that NCA tools and materials employed in construction activities are well accounted for.
- Supporting the sanitation officer in the mobilizing of materials to construction site with coordination from logistics team
- Undertaking of other responsibilities requested by the sanitation officer
- Assist in any other related matters necessary for the execution of NCA Emergency WASH project activities as assigned by respective line manager
- Minimum of 6 months experience in supporting emergency sanitation activities in the field.
- Good knowledge of construction and building operations
- Good oral and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well in the field under difficult circumstances
- Familiarity with disaster-affected population
- Only Nigerian nationals should apply.
- Understanding of general rules in construction
- Experience in masonry and/or carpentry works
- Previous experience with NCA is an asset
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
ACT Alliance Code of Conduct:
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in a single document to: Tor.Felix.Terdzungwe@nca.no
- Please include two referees in your applications with detailed contacts, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former/current organisation/institution.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidate is required to start as soon as possible.
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Water Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Sanitation Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Water Supervisor at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Hygiene Promotion Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Know More About Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')Similar Jobs
- Safety Officer at Ascentech Services Limited
- HSE Manager (Shipyard) at WTS Energy
- HSE Officer at Agromall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
- HSE Manager at Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited
- HSE Coordinator at Rensource Energy
- Senior Environmental and Social Safeguards Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental Coordinator (SSHE) I at Sellafield Energy
- HSE Coordinator at Bleuapple Consulting