Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and has been a continuous leader in development and humanitarian response within Nigeria - focusing on the three Strategic Program Areas of Agriculture, Health and Emergency Response. Below are the existing vacancies within the country program.
Department: Early Recovery and Resilience
Reports To: Program Manager – Adamawa State. Director, Early Recovery and Resilience
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Job Ref Code: PAY181018
The project assistant will be required to work within a multi-sectoral setting including
Agriculture, livelihoods, nutrition, peace building, gender integration, education,
governments and local partners. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly
competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment
which promotes positive relationships.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. General Administrative Duties:
- Liaise with administration support staff to provide updates on anticipated
- administrative needs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of project office.
- Provide general administrative support to the operation of project activities.
- Organize proper storage and issuance of stock, maintain stock reports and
- monitor usage.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Work in collaboration with operations/ facility officer to ensure proper running
- of the project office.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary
- project planning, resource availability and management activities function
- smoothly and efficiently.
- Support program staff with request for advances and cash disbursements
2. Support Project and CRS-wide meetings and activities:
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations,
- meeting space, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments.
- Support in drafting meeting notes and record all proceedings and share with
- meeting participants.
- Filing (electronic and hard) project documents, meeting minutes and technical documents.
- Maintain inventory of all project partner’s contact information.
- Maintain project assets inventory register in collaboration with the grant unit
- Liaise with the IT department on hardware and software issues to ensure
- functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
- Support the establishment and function of project resource center and project
- information management
3. Logistics and itineraries:
- Ensure logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with operations on
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors’ administrative needs
- Communicating material and cash needs to Finance and/or Administration in a timely manner.
- Coordinate staff movements including leave, field trips and all required logistics using the movement and leave tracker.
- Assist with correspondence, letters, and invitations. Act as liaison between
- programs staff and dispatcher.
4. Serves as the interface between technical team and the operation finance unit.
5. Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the line manager and other supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a university degree.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative support
- Experience working with local or international NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to work and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic integrated project.
- Passion to reach the most vulnerable groups
- Ability and willingness to travel to FTF project locations
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: program manager – FTF Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity, Agriculture and livelihoods Adviser, MEAL officer, SILC Specialist.
- External: other FTF Nigeria Integrated Activity consortium staff, government workers (Borno state ADP), community leaders
Note: These positions are contingent upon the availability of funding
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form using the link (https://bit.ly/2B9iJB9), fill and send with a detailed resume as one document in pdf indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application.
Completed applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission is
COB (i.e. 5:00pm), October 31, 2018.