Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities.
Senior Program Pharmacist
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Reports to: Site Team Leader
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
- This individual will ensure provision of Quality ARV Pharmaceutical care services in line with GON and United States Army Medical Research Directorate Africa/Nigeria (USAMRD-A/Nigeria)/Nigerian Ministry of Defence (NMOD) guidelines, procedures and strategies.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- The Pharmacist will provide technical support to implement the integration of quality care and support activities with primary focus on pharmaceutical care in HIV/AIDS, Anti-retroviral therapy (ART) treatment, Prevention of Mother to Child transmission of HIV/AIDS and TB.
- S/he will support capacity building to the pharmacy staff to implement quality pharmaceutical services at the facility and the Provision of pharmaceutical care services.
- S/he will manage the availability and promote rational use of ARV drugs and other essential medicines
- Dispensing of Antiretroviral and Opportunistic Infections medicines to patients at the facility
- Implement and coordinate or participate in Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committees (selection of medicines)
- Implement Patient counseling and adherence follow up monitoring
- Coordination of Pharmacovigilance activities (Adverse drug reaction reporting)
- Implement the necessary measures to guarantee the quality of medicines in the facility
- Implement the necessary measures for appropriate regulation of waste from medicines and other essential supplies.
- S/he will be involved in pharmacy data collection, analysis and data management activities
- Implement provision of drug information and health education to patients and other members of the health team
- Train site staff on Logistic Management of HIV/AIDS Commodities (LMHC) using National Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for LMHC in Nigeria.
- S/He will complete & analyse Combined Reports Requisition, Issue and Receipts Form (CRRIRF) for ARVs/OIs bimonthly orders
- Inventory management and control
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirement: Bachelor's of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) Degree. Master’s in Public Health or Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- 5 years’ post NYSC experience, inclusive of hospital & Community practice.
- A good understanding of Community & hospital Pharmacy practice.
- A minimum of one (1) year practical experience in the delivery of comprehensive ART services, & a good understanding of the multiplicity of technical issues (eg PMTCT, Care & Treatment, TB, Referrals etc) related to comprehensive ART programming .
- A minimum of one (1) year work experience in the use of GON pharmacy Monitoring & Evaluation tools.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Member of the Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria with the annual license for practice.
Knowledge and skills:
- HIV/AIDS Pharmaceutical management experience and ability to understand full range of issues around ART services and Pharmaceutical care as it applies to HIV/AIDS.
- The Pharmacist should have a good knowledge of HIV/AIDs Pharmacotherapeutics
- Understands, performs and demonstrates ability in ARV adherence instructions; pharmacy logistics, accountability; documentation and reporting.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and a team player
- Ability to use key computing applications.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos State.
Method of Application
Interested and qualiifed candidates should send a Cover letter and Resume to: email@example.com addressed to "The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)" and additional certificates that supports or addresses the requirements listed for the position.
- Please submit CV and Resume together in Word formats and Certificates in Picture format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and oral interview