- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Safety & Security Officer at CARE
Posted on: 17 October, 2018
Deadline: 24 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CARE
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Safety & Security Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Position Type: Regular/Full term
- The role of the Safety and Security Officer (SSO) is focused on the continuous implementation of safety and Security strategies and protocols in order to ensure a high level of safety and wellbeing for all CARE International staff based in field location
- The SSO will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with Program and Program support teams at the field level
- He/ She will promote a strong Safety and Security culture at their field office(s) through continuous trainings and collaborative security assessments with all field based staff
- The SSO will serve as the Safety and Security unit representative at field level and also serve, when required as the Safety unit representative on the Field Crisis Management Team
- The SSO will report directly to the Safety and Security Manager, and will be an integral part of the Safety and Security Unit. This Position will be based in Damaturu.
- Continuously monitoring the environment in the operational areas for which he/she is responsible. As required, and at a minimum of once per quarter, support Safety and Security Manager on updating the Safety and Security strategies for CARE International.
- Based on current context make recommendations to the Team leader/Safety and Security Manager for updates to Field Level Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Risk Management Plans.
- Ensure that the Field Level Security Plans and associated documents are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Ensure the safety readiness of all CARE staff at Field level through regular integration of safety and Security management priorities and objectives into Field Office planning
- Brief, manage and liaise on daily basis with the contracted guarding services to ensure the guard force is aware of CARE standards and can effectively provide for the safety of CARE compound/staff and assets
- Liaise with government, Army, Police, SSS, Local Heads and other key external stakeholders to ensure that CARE staff can maintain regular and safe access to program areas
- Prepare Hibernation, Relocation and Evacuation plan for the area of responsibility with the support of Safety and Security Manager.
- Prepare office Emergency procedures with the support of Safety and Security Manager.
- Maintaining physical safety standards as established by the Safety unit for CARE office and guesthouse at Field level
- Ensuring that all CARE Field based staff are aware of established Safety and Security strategies and have the means to follow established protocols on a continuous basis
- Ensuring that the contracted guard force maintains a high standard of guarding for CARE office and residence, and when required take corrective action in coordination with the Guard force management
- Ensuring that required relationships with local police and other security agencies are maintained in order to assist (when required) with ensuring the safety of CARE staff, facilities and assets
- In coordination with the Safety and Security Manager, develop and implement quarterly training plans for all CARE Field level staff focused on safety awareness and skill sets
- During any critical incident or crises serve as the Safety and Security unit representation on the Field level Crisis Management Team (F-CMT)
- Ensure that all Field Level Crisis management plans are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Support to International Visitors or CARE’s International staff
- Minimum of a First Degree in a field related to Humanitarian Work or Risk Management
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum of 5 years of demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations)with at least 2 years of field safety management experience included
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Competent and literate in local language of Yobe, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in developing safety related technical tools guidelines and systems
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV's as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps) to: email@example.com
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from CARE
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Case Worker at CARE
- Project Manager (ECHO) at CARE
- Data Clerk Agent at CARE
- Psychosocial Assistant Officer at CARE
- GBV Assistant Officer at CARE
- Know More About CARESimilar Jobs
- Security Officer at Summit Orthopaedics
- Debt Collection/Police Liaison Offer (Consultant) at House of Ravissant (HOR)
- Field Safety Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Safety Advisor-Mobile at International NGO Safety Organisation
- Driver at Ascentech Services Limited
- Motor Bike Security Supervisor at Red Eye Security Limited
- Field Security Officer at CTG Global
- Security Guard at Red Eye Security Limited