Global Skill Network - Regional Manager at Wadhwani Foundation
Posted on: 17 October, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Wadhwani Foundation
Wadhwani Foundation - Founded in 2003 by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a serial entrepreneur, Wadhwani Foundation (WF) is a global organization with its inception in the USA and with a primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies. WF has launched and supports niche high impact initiatives in job creation and fulfilment in India, SEA, Latin America and African regions
Global Skill Network - Regional Manager
- WF impacts economic development through ‘Job creation’ via Entrepreneurship & SME development; and ‘Job fulfilment’ via Skills and Vocational development.
- The Foundation’s Skills and Vocational development initiative (SDN) works towards creating large scale interventions to enable hundred thousands of individual students to derive the learning skills, connections and support to be skilled for today’s job roles in their respective countries.
- The focus is to enable significant levels of skills at the entry level, so that many more young-people can earn family supporting wages thereby, taking themselves and their families towards greater opportunities.
- The Foundation achieves this through large scale partnerships with academic institutions, private sector and governments and through leveraging technology and learning platforms to create scale models.
- The Wadhwani Foundation’s key resources include IP in the form of models and methodology for large scale deployment of skilling for current jobs; blended content and pedagogy for highly effective training; teacher and educator training and development; and program management know-how and support.
- This role is one of high importance and impact to launch and manage GSN initiative in North Africa. This will involve interface with national APEX bodies in Industry, Education and Investors, as well as Educational Partners to deliver a new paradigm of industry driven mainstream education
- The Regional Manager will own all activities related to launching and making the GSN program in the region successful while working with local partners
- Key activities will be in the area of planning and implementation of all SDN related activities and interfacing with partners.
- Create a detailed project plan, monitor actions and ensure timely completion of deliverables to meet the objectives
- Be connected with designated points of contact from the Industry - Companies and Associations - to facilitate an industry driven program.
- For use of own or specially developed curriculum, be the liaison between the Education partner and the Industry sector skills council/companies’ points of contact
- Ensure Curriculum covers all aspects of training - Classroom instruction material, Faculty Guide, Learners/Student guide.
In addition, help arrange Faculty Development training through Subject Matter Expert (s) from SSCs/Industry (with industry input/participation). This may involve identification, networking and development of Master Trainers who can deliver the Faculty Training courses.
- Master's degree or other equivalent degree
- Experience of at least 15-18 years in the vocational training and skilling sector; Exposure to the education structures and systems. Experience setting up projects from scratch; Experience in training and development using current tools.
- Experience should include interfacing with higher educational institutes, government departments and other entities.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Communications: Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Able to develop documents and other write-ups for communication on paper, via the web and other means.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences including students, teachers, principals, government as well as industry personnel.
- Project Management: Strong program management skills. Ability to break up a complex deliverable into a project plan with realistic tasks.
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines with ownership and required hard work to keep to deadlines.
- People/Team Skills: Highly presentable and pleasant. Confident and able to interface with senior faculty/ industry experts/ Education Partners and government officials to derive results. High energy, exhibiting passion and drive for their work and able to rally other people around common goals. Work as an independent contributor and also as coordinator in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wadhwani Foundation career website on www.wfglobal.org to apply
- Know More About Wadhwani FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Education Senior State Facilitator at Deloitte
- Special Education Needs Department Coordinator (SENDCo) at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Guidance Counselor at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Programme Officer - Promotion of Scientific Excellence and E-Learning at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- English Teacher at Broadoak Schools
- Science Teaching Assistant at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Math Teaching Assistant at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Social Studies Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College