Vice President, Technical at Enaro Energy
Posted on: 16 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Enaro Energy
Enaro Energy is a startup Mini-Grid company that is currently developing a fully commercial, pilot mini-grid project in Nigeria with the intent to scale up and rapidly install several mini-grids across the country.
Vice President, Technical
- As the Technical lead, you will supervise the engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning process, working with high quality partners to deliver fit-for-purpose mini-grids in multiple locations.
- You will also oversee operations & maintenance of the pilot mini-grid, ensuring component systems function within their operating envelopes while maintaining a high uptime. You will also implement a robust preventive maintenance program and facilitate quick response and remediation to unplanned outages.
- Lifecycle project management of mini-grid project development.
- Assisting with site selection data analysis.
- Collecting data on the existing energy consumption patterns in each proposed location in support of the engineering design process.
- Coordinating the tender process for the procurement of partners, equipment and technical services for the projects.
- Coordinating the permitting processes with the primary construction contractors.
- Overseeing the development of policies and procedures in compliance with all standards applicable to the company, including NERC, NEMSA and REA standards.
- Supervising the statutory Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) processes and ensuring it is delivered to a high quality.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in Engineering or Operations & Maintenance in the utility sector.
- Experience required in either solar or natural gas based electricity generation with a willingness to learn about other generation technologies.
- Experience with operating or maintaining a grid (including mini-grids) will be an advantage.
- Experience delivering capital projects in the utility sector with a value >$1M.
- Understanding of regulated energy markets and utility pricing.
- Understanding of the off-grid and mini-grid electricity systems.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in related Technical discipline preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in modern productivity tools including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Enaro Energy career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About Enaro EnergySimilar Jobs
- WASH Technical Officer at ZOA International
- Project Assistant, WASH at ZOA International
- General Manager, Technical at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Internship - Civil Engineering Program at Julius Berger
- Engineering Completions Engineer I at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Technical Superintendent at CS Offshore
- Plant Manager at BU Power Limited
- Energy Support Services (ESS) Specialist (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria