Procurement Officer at MAERSK
Posted on: 15 October, 2018
Deadline: 29 October, 2018
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at MAERSK
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
Our core values are centered around our people, consisting of both local and global employees.
We offer a robust career framework with potential opportunities to fulfill individual career aspirations for both individual and team development and growth.
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price, checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery.
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for customs clearing and handing over goods to stores section.
- Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
We are Looking for:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree holder in Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
- CIPS qualification
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good working knowledge of IFS software will be an added advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work cognate experience
- Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider set up. General exposure to procurement at global level.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MAERSK career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
- Know More About MAERSKSimilar Jobs
- Senior Procurement Specialist at KPMG
- Lead Procurement Consultant/ Expert at KPMG
- Procurement Specialist at KPMG
- Procurement Specialist / Civil Engineer at KPMG
- Active Distributor Store Keeper at PZ Cussons
- Procurement Officer at Compovine Technologies
- Supply Chain Assistant at Save The Children
- Store Manager at Solidarites International