Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support rural and urban women to improve living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and micro finance services for socio-economic empowerment.
DEC is currently collaborating with Oxfam on a 4- year EU-funded project- PROSELL PROSELL (Produce, Feed and Sell) in Taraba State from 2018 to 2022. The overall objective is to build resilience of small-scale farmers, fishermen and livestock owners (women, youth, and vulnerable households) in commodity value chain and rural enterprise.
Locations Zing,Yorro, Takum,Kurmi,Sardauna, and Gashaka LGAs of Taraba State:
This position will be responsible for day-to-day direct implementation of all components of the project within targeted rural communities. The position holder will have specific responsibility to directly implement, through trainings and supervision, the Village Savings & Loans (VSL) Scheme while she/he will supervise the implementation of other components especially those with specific technical expertise. She/he will be involved in community mobilization, sensitization and advocacy programmes, interface with traditional institutions, religious leaders, community leaders, and local government authorities towards ensuring quality implementation of all PROSELL components at the community levels.
- Mobilisation, sensitization, and orientation with communities, local leadership, and traditional institutions on all project activities.
- Participate in the enumeration and selection of beneficiaries for the project across targeted rural communities.
- Mobilize and sensitize communities towards the formation of Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs).
- Train and directly supervise Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA), including quality data collection and proper information management of the Village Savings and Loans Associations.
- Participate, supervise, and report the delivery of all project components as required, such as cash transfer programs, food aid programs, asset transfer programs, agricultural inputs disbursement, and inputs loan recovery etc.
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of the Farmer Field School (FFS) Program across targeted rural communities, particularly monitoring Government Extension Officers and Lead Farmers in ensuring last mile delivery of agricultural extension services.
- Facilitate a smooth working relationship with community leadership (traditional and religious) with the support of the Livelihood Programme Officer to ensure project acceptance and cooperation.
- Implement an effective communication system among all stakeholders at the community level using the complaints and feedback mechanism set up by the project.
Collate and submit progress reports, success stories, and project updates on monthly basis.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCE:
- A minimum of a OND, NCE (or its equivalent0 in any relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years cognate experience in development work at community levels.
- Computer literacy and ability to work well using MS Office packages.
- Experience in community mobilization, advocacy, and conflict management.
- Experience using digital tools for data collection and survey activities.
- Good report writing skill.
- Fluency in English, Hausa languages (and or other indigenous language of project communities will be an added advantage).
- Experiences in cash-based Programs, food aid programs, and agricultural productivity projects will be added advantages.
- Understands the community/LGA agricultural markets, geographic terrain and environment
Method of Application
All interest candidates should send in their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter on the position applied to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com,
NB: Indigenes of the aforementioned LGAs are encouraged to apply. Applicants (Women and Men) applications will be treated with equal opportunity. Ability to ride motorcycle is an added advantage.