Corporate Communications Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
Posted on: 2 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 June, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Office for Nigerian Content Development
The Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT (ONC) is a development focused, Special Purpose Vehicle of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Communications Technology for implementing the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT, which came into force on December 3, 2013.
The ONC is charged with the mandate of developing an indigenous ICT industry which would make a double-digit contribution to Nigeria’s GDP. Part of the strategy is to ensure that Nigerian ICT companies participate significantly in all segments of the ICT value chain. The program aims to boost growth in key ICT economic clusters through the injection of intellectual and industrial capital into ICT industry.
The ONC is now looking to recruit highly resourceful and competent Nigerians with a passion for technology and economic development. The roles are highly strategic to national development and require a deep understanding and appreciation of global economic and ICT issues.
The positions to be filled as Technology Evangelists are as follows:
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Software)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Hardware)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Telecoms and ICT-enabled Services)
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital)
- Communications Manager
- Fundraising Manager
Corporate Communications Manager
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of effective communication and stakeholder engagement strategies to grow the reputation of the ONC and Programs and support the goals and objectives of the Office.
- Lead the communications effort and impact across the media spectrum (print, broadcast and social media) to increase awareness and recognition of the economic and social impact of the ONC’s activities and engage our various audiences.
- Engage and collaborate with partners as appropriate on system and external communication initiatives.
- Stakeholder relations and communications management with responsibilities for the development, coordination and implementation of communications, community relations, advocacy, and stakeholder relations programs.
- Manage corporate communications, including developing publication, video and advertising materials as well as partners’ communication and engagement.
- Manage media relations, including leveraging traditional and social media to optimize the communications reach and impact.
- Identify review and recommend strategic sponsorship and partnership opportunities to support the ONC’s mandate and drive corporate visibility and reputation.
- Plan and manage internal and external events, including post event evaluation and reporting.
- Develop, nurture and leverage strategic relationships with key stakeholder groups and relevant individual influencers and decision-makers.
- Creative writing
- Social media usage & blogging
- Brand Management
- Media & Public Relations
- Issues & crisis management
- Project management
- Budget management
- More than 10 years’ experience in Communications or Public Relations functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: University Degree preferably in Communication, or English Language and related fields in the Humanities
Method of Application
Please send application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th of June, 2014.
- Recent Jobs from Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Services) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Software) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Ecosystem Development Manager (Human Capital) at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Fund Raising Manager at Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICT
- Know More About Office for Nigerian Content Development in ICTSimilar Jobs
- Field Photographer (Part-time) at Carlcare Development
- Secretary at Mario Consulting
- Communication Assistant at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Admin. Program and Logistics Coordinator at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Office Assistant (Adamawa) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Office Assistant (Borno State) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Personal Assistant to the Executive Chairman at Sunrose Consulting
- Editorial/Corporate Communications Officer at Landover Company Limited