Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
Application Developer - MNutrition System
- This role provides professional technical, communications and administrative support to the Nutrition team. The Post holder will develop and maintain high quality mobile applications for the A&T and WINNN programme
- He/She be expected to collaborate with implementation teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced department
- The post holder is also expected to provide critical support to data/information management and communications activities, assisting the Alive and Thrive team by developing and implementing an appropriate communications products and outputs for the team
- S/he will work closely with the Alive and Thrive team both in the States and Country Office, to plan their communications, logistics and administrative needs. Also, s/he will support the team in meeting documentations, compilation and filing of Project reports and other relevant Project documents
- The post holder will support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support), produce fully functional mobile applications, gather user requirements and suggest solutions, Troubleshoot and debug applications to optimize performance
- Design interfaces (plan new features) to improve user experience in collaboration with the Nutrition and IT teams
- He/She will ensure that new and legacy applications meet quality standards, research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols based on acceptability and usage from implementation sites while staying up-to-date with new technology trends.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing and developing a variety of communications pieces including email announcements, communications and training materials as agreed.
Scope of Role
- The post holder will work closely with Programme Manager and Senior SBCC Officer.
- Reports to: A&T Programme Manager
- Matrix Manager - IT Manager
- Develop functional mobile application for WINNN & Alive & Thrive
- Development of infographics and other visual content for mobile app
- Support the design, test, release and support of the mobile app
- Ensure that all legacy audio visual content from WINNN & Alive and Thrive are migrated to the mobile app
- Management of all audio-visual content of the nutrition team and uploading unto the app
- Setting up and roll out of mobile app on programme mobile devices for beneficiaries
- Training of beneficiaries and rollout of application use in Lagos, Kaduna, Jigawa and Yobe states
- Development of online marketing and publicity
- Lead the design and roll out of the A&T IPC component through mobile phones
- Support the state teams on the use of mobile phone technology for IPC and reporting
- Ensure IT support for the project and users
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Mobile Developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Understanding of communications and staff engagement within a high profile global organisation utilising a range of new and traditional media.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and displays the potential for distilling complex information and materials into digestible and inspiring messages.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to manage a large workload in a pressured environment, working to short and long term objectives and tight deadlines. Attention to detail and ability to follow tasks and ideas through to completion.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs.
- Experience in drafting communications materials such as emails, newsletter content, internet content, etc.
- Understanding of NGO operations.
- Demonstrable experience working with various social media.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, design software and other digital tools.
- Proactive approach to work and the ability to identify and implement effective processes for achieving outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to the Save the Children values.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.