Execution Edge is an advisory and management consulting firm with strong capabilities and experience in the development and execution of strategy. We partner with our clients to achieve success by providing value-driven financial and enterprise transformation solutions that cut across the various facets of businesses, governments and institutions.
With our highly skilled and experienced professionals, we deliver innovative and effective solutions. We have deep market, industry, functional and technical expertise, strong business management skills, and reputation for leadership, strong relationships and professional networks. Effectively engaging and communicating with clients and other stakeholders improves the quality of our interventions.
Job Summary: Production Programmer is required to maximize hydrocarbon production from the well production assets through good well data, well activity management, identification and follow up on unrealized production potential. In addition, s/he will be required to optimise within the operating envelope and work with Wells and Reservoir Management (WRM) team to improve production performance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform well monitoring, optimisation (within operating envelope), data analysis, and trending on oil/gas production, gas/water injection, flaring and well issues (using PI/Shurooq) to explain production fluctuations & identify concerns vs targets for oil, gas, water.
- Monitor production optimisation and new oil, and highlight tripped wells to Production Technologist
- Ensure that well parameters, i.e. Flowline pressures are maintained and updated in the production Dashboard.
- Provide Field Operations with outline of well activity programmes for all non-standard well entries (repairs, surveys, stimulations, etc.).
- Produce like for like artificial lift designs and coordinate with PT to amend existing designs when required for production optimisation
- Troubleshooting of Well issues and artificial lift issues (work with Field Programmer/Production Technologist)
- Drive well management improvements through evaluation of behaviour, diagnosis and raise proposals to the Well services section or engineering liaison function for implementation.
- Define routine requirements for sampling / CO2 tracer surveys / Flush by unit restoration activities.
- Monitor meter issues for overall production / well testing and gas/water balance/reconciliation factors
- Work with WRM team to identify short and medium-term scope oil optimisation, currently un-produced oil, through a structured review of existing well performance against theoretical production potential, to take cost-effective measures to realize this scope and participate in periodic Well performance reviews and subsurface meetings.
- Maintain Integrated Production System Capacity with input from process engineering
- Provide subsurface/Wells-related activity input for the Integrated Activities Plan, Monthly & Short term (2yr) production forecast working with WRM teams, Well Services and Operations services consistent with the Operations Business Plan.
- Review weekly/ monthly Deferment data (deferment code & duration), Reconciliation Factor, Maximum Rate of Produced Water (MRPW) data & weekly data quality checks and update monthly waterflood reports, water and gas balances.
- Create swing list and creaming curve 1st and 3rd week of the month and ad hoc if required (for tank top, water injection restrictions, gas compressor restrictions).
- B.Sc. in engineering
- Minimum of five years relevant experience especially in an oil producing environment (operating companies preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Extensive experience in the oil industry with at least considerable relevant production operations experience in surface and subsurface operations.
- Good understanding of well surveillance, troubleshooting and several artificial lift techniques, computer literacy, and familiarity with typical standard hydrocarbon accounting tools is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below