Garmspot Nigeria Limited is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products. We aim to be the leading supplier of the best brands NigeriaAfrica has to offer. Using our web platform, Garmspot delivers pieces to our clientele from our regional centre in Lagos to all the corners of the world.
Our team is always working to build a unique merchant network in Africa focused on the trendiest apparel and accessories sourced from local and international brands alike.
Garmprint’s tailoring operators are the engine of garment production and shall be required to design, make, alter, repair, or fit garments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sew garments, clothing or other articles using needle and thread, sewing machines, and other sewing equipment.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches.
- Make made-to-measure clothing according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design.
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Repair textiles or apparel by removing stitches from garments to be altered using rippers or razor blades.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons and linings.
- Smooth garments using irons, steamers, presses, or other machines.
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Develop, copy or adapt designs for garments and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Measure customers using tape measure and record measurements.
- Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels and adding or removing padding.
- Estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
- Cut fabrics and position patterns on equipment, materials and workplaces.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience in tailoring is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in tailoring.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, sometimes simultaneously.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: email@example.com Use the Job Title as the subject of your application.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Also, applications without cover letter would not be considered.