Technical IT Project Manager at GVA Partners
Posted on: 14 September, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Bank in Nigeria, is currently seeking applicaltions from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Technical IT Project Manager
- IT Project Manager is to oversee the planning and implementation of more than one complex IT project. These projects pertain to the delivery of timely, quality IT services and/or relate to improving business effectiveness or efficiency.
- The projects managed by the IT PM are more critical, complex, have broader scopes and more impact than those managed by Project Managers. In this role you will manage project scope, schedule and budget for the projects. You will provide significant input into creation of project budget and manages to it.
- You will also lead teams which are brought together for the duration of the project and work with matrixed or administrative managers to ensure resources are managed appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of projects to include, but not limited to gathering and defining the project requirements; obtainstaffing requirements; and form projected teams.
- Develops methods, procedures, and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress; utilizes established project standards, procedures, and quality objectives.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings; communicates individual roles and project expectations; ensures all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team.
- Manage the formulation and ongoing tracking of each project.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential risk to project schedule; identifies ways to resolve schedule issues; keeps management current on any changes.
- Assesses variances from the project plans; gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Conducts formal quality assurance reviews with business sponsors during and upon project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Interviews, selects, supervises, develops, and if necessary, counsels personnel according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, project team members, and vendors.
- Performs related duties and fulfils responsibilities as required.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- In-depth knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of project management life cycle, methodologies and support tools (e.g., MS Project, ABT, Peregrine, Clarity, etc.).
- A solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
- Experience in customer engagement to facilitate requirements
- Demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
- Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Bachelor's or higher-level degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- 8 years post NYSC experience as an IT Project Manager
- Information Technology Experience.
- Experience in managing Information Technology Projects (Project Management Certification required).
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated CV's in MS Word format with "the job title" as the subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com.
- Recent Jobs from GVA Partners
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Application Developer at GVA Partners
- Siebel CRM Developer at GVA Partners
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology & Communication (ICT) Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Data Clerk at International Medical Corps
- IT Aanalyst/Officer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Internship MTN CEM Program at Nokia Nigeria
- Regional Project Manager at UNICEF
- Software Developers at InfoStrategy Technology
- REACH Database Specialist at Reach International
- Head of Solutions at IT Horizons Limited