IT Assistant at BBC Media Action
Posted on: 23 August, 2018
Deadline: 30 August, 2018
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action was founded in 1999 by the BBC as its international development charity. We apply the editorial standards of the BBC, build on its values and often work closely with the BBC World Service and other BBC departments. However, we are legally and financially independent and work to a distinct mission. Originally known as BBC World Service Trust we changed our name to BBC Media Action in December 2011.
Department: Operations, Admin and HR
Reports to: IT Officer
Start Date: Immediate
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration of Contract: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
- We require a dynamic team-player with excellent IT skills to join our IT team to assist in the management of our office IT systems.
- Assist the IT Officer in maintaining IT infrastructure in the office, including server, workstations, UPS, printers and others.
- Troubleshoot and solve IT challenges in line with BBC Media Action best practice and protocols.
- Ensure that all business and pool computers have up to date anti-virus protection, and help IT Officer, the London-based IT team, and the Nigeria Senior Management Team ensure the office complies with all relevant BBC cybersecurity protocols and best practice.
- Help the IT Officer and the Senior Management Team ensure the office adheres to data protection regulations (GDPR) and other relevant data protection and privacy policies.
- Set up new users with desktops, laptops, printers and Wi-Fi devices.
- Support staff with IT needs, including setting up multimedia presentations, online conferences, and teleconferences.
- Provide other relevant general technical, electrical and IT support to the office.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated interest in IT infrastructure, software and hardware.
- Experience with and knowledge of Local Area Network, IP addressing, DNS, Cisco device management.
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Familiar with Windows server 2012 and Windows 10 environment client workstations.
- Experience using systems (applications) such as Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Familiar with media environment and in configuring media hardware/software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, other editing hardware/software, and Mac computers.
- Ablity to use analytical and technical skills in solving problems.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to multitask.
- The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Analytical Skills: Simplifies complex problems, processes or projects. Identifies casual relationships and constructs frameworks for problem-solving and/or development.
- Decision Making: Is ready and able to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of decisions.
- Motivation/Drive: Constantly seeks to do things better through setting more challenging goals.
- Flexibility: Adapts to changing circumstances and displays a positive attitude to the process of change.
- Self-Awareness: Have an understanding of own strengths, limitations, emotions, etc. and how it impacts on others.
- Teamworking: Ability to establish harmonious work-relationships with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Capability Statements to: email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated as subject of email.
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from BBC Media Action
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Head of Operations, Admin and HR at BBC Media Action
- Senior Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Research Officer at BBC Media Action
- Technical Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Technical Producer at BBC Media Action
- Senior Digital Producer at BBC Media Action
- Assistant Producer - Factual at BBC Media Action
- Finance Assistant at BBC Media Action