Accountant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Posted on: 10 August, 2018
Deadline: 15 August, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Crossover Microfinance Bank Limited, was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers. With the ever growing financial need in the retail sector and with new investors, Crossover remodeled its operations from mortgage to microfinance in 2014 to empower micro and small scale businesses in the retail sector. It commenced full scale microfinance operations in March 2016.
- A fast growing microfinance bank is seeking for the employment of An Account Officer who is passionate, value driven and organized.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day activities in the Finance & Accounts Department of the bank.
- Liaising with BDA (Tax consultants) on all tax matters
- Update bank transactions and prepare correspondences and instruction
- Prepare customers cheque and confirmation to the bank.
- Receive and treat financial/accounting issues from branch.
- Processing of Directors’ fee and consultancy fee payment
- Receive funds, repayment, refunds and document, processes cheque and cash payments to beneficiaries, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in preparation of daily bank balance report
- Mobilize fund and process for operational activities.
- Preparation of monthly HIFY report
- Fixed deposit account management
- Relate with branches on issues and proffering solutions
- Posting of transactions and entries.
- Handling of branch petty cash
- General Ledger updating and review
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Preparation of monthly depreciation, amortization and apportionments.
- Process monthly branch operation expenses (Petty cash, fueling, cleaning, call and transport allowances)
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Accounts and Department
- B.Sc./ HND in Accounting, Finance and other related field.
- Minimum of two years working experience in similar role in any microfinance bank is an added advantage.
- ICAN, ACCA or related professional certification is an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other Accounting software.
- Possess Analytical skills and must be attentive to details.
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- Ability to work independently and little or no supervision.
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with both internal and external customers.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Crossover Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- Internal Audit Manager at Food Concepts Plc
- Finance and Admin Assistant at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Roving Finance Assistant at CARE
- Finance Analyst at Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
- Accountant at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- Accounts Officer at Doculand Business Solution
- Team Lead, Finance and Administration at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
- NG BFMS - Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist at Malaria Consortium