Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Lagos based Bank, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Senior Manager, IT Service Management (ITIL Expert)
- IT service manager strives to develop a reliable IT service and improve the organization's existing IT service infrastructure by contributing to the strategy, development and quality of IT Service Management and the company’s service delivery capability by Instilling service orientation and ITSM awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining and analyzing user profiles to understand the typical profiles of demand for services from different types of user.
- Anticipate, prevent or manage situations where demand for a service exceeds the capacity to deliver it.
- Ensure adequate resources are available at the appropriate levels of capacity to meet the demand for services, thus maintaining a balance between the cost of service and value.
- Create, monitor, and report on a comprehensive set of metrics and KPIs based on the IT service deliverables and the agreements above.
- Own and lead the execution of the process development and improvement roadmap for multiple ITIL processes to improve alignment and business outcomes.
- Plan and manage support for change management tools and processes.
- Authorize and document all changes in the IT Infrastructure and its components (Configuration Items), in order to maintain a minimum amount of interruptive effects upon running operations.
- Monitor effectiveness of incident management and making recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with the handling of major incidents and identify root causes.
- Coordinate actions of teams as necessary to assist with analysis and resolution actions for problems and known errors.
- Monitor progress on the resolution of known errors and advise team on the best available workaround for incidents.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an on-going basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Managing Execution
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields.
- 6 years’ minimum experience in designing and/or defining infrastructure services within the Telecommunications or financial services industry.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies.
- Technical experience of one or more operational monitoring toolsets, preferably gained via implementation.
- Prior IT Service Management experience; major incident management, large vendor management and business continuity/disaster recovery experience is advantageous.
- Practical experience of working with the ITIL service lifecycle framework, specifically Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement.
- ITIL Certification (Expert level) is a must.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated CV's in MS Word format and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with the job title as the subject of email.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.