Do you know the top education blogs everyone should follow?
When you need tips on education, where should you turn to?
Education is, without a doubt, very important. The role of education in a society cannot be overemphasised. Therefore knowing where to get the right tips on education is very important. It is against this background that we have decided to share our top list of the best education blog out there.
It is also important to let you know that each blog is scored based on the following components/criteria
This is by no means an exhaustive list. So if you think we miss a beat, please let us know at MyJobMag, a leading jobs in Nigeria publisher and we will take a look at your suggestion.
PS: To all our winners, here is a badge to show for your hard work and for being on the best award list of the year.
Top 100 Education Blogs
1. Ditch That Textbook: This is a blog by Matt Miller, a former newspaper reporter turned Spanish teacher. He wrote a book with the same title as his blog, where he basically advise teachers on revolutionising their teaching. His aim is to get teachers to go from the conventional to the unconventional by not going strictly by the textbook but infusing technology and customised style that fit the students.
2. Daily Edventures: Daily Edventures is the brainchild of Anthony Salcito, the Vice President of Education for Microsoft Corporation’s Worldwide Public Sector. Due to his work for Microsoft, he was able to witness some of the great works of global heroes in education. And his blog is dedicated to celebrating these heroes. You find accomplished educators throughout the world featured on his blog as a way of celebrating their contribution to education.
3. New Hanover County Schools (NHCS): Handled by Dr Tim Markley, the NHCS Superintendent, the blog is the site of the schools in Hanover County. And the blog features the activities of the county concerning the schools in the area. There are news and information on what the superintendent and all the other executives are doing as it concerns the schools in the county.
4. Urban Education Mixtape: It is a blog for teachers but mostly concentrated on blacks and Latinos. The owner, Rann Miller, who is an educator, writes the posts and they are usually relevant pieces that any teacher will find useful in the classroom and in education as a whole except for those that were streamlined to focus on blacks and Latinos. But generally, it is an informative blog for teachers across the board.
5. Learn Lead Grow: Founded by Matt Bergman, a K-12 Learning Technologies Specialist, the blog is an information hub for teachers. Matt shares his experiences as an educator as a way of helping other teachers with their classroom strategies in order to make their job easier
6. Cloaking Inequity: The blog is owned by Julian Vasquez Heilig, who is an award-winning teacher, researcher, and blogger. Presently, he is a Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies and the Director of the Doctorate in Educational Leadership at California State University Sacramento and also functions as the California NAACP Education Chair. Cloaking Inequity is focused on social justice in the educational sector. The educational sector should be one place where there are no inequalities but that is not the case. The blog, therefore, seeks to expose and give information on it. If you are passionate about issues of social justice, then this is the blog for you.
7. JoolamLMS ELearning Blog: The world is going technological and so, most things are not simply done in the traditional way again. Technological advancements have been used to make most things easier. This is the basis for eLearning. At JoolamLMS eLearning blog, businesses are taught to use the eLearning components to conduct training, teach, conduct eCommerce projects and build a strong business. The platform has been in existence since 2006 and since then, has been able to provide eLearning solutions to clients.
8. Thedaringlibrarian: TheDaringLibrarian.com blog is a top education blog that aims to support school-based teacher librarians and educators of all subject areas interested in technology integration. With easy to follow ideas, plenty of helpful graphics, and a dash of sophomoric humour, teachers can learn about the latest and greatest education innovations as well as tried and true instructive methodology. Be daring, and give this blog a try! .
9. Education Coffee Break: Education Coffee Break is an educational blog that is first very attractive for the design of the blog. The fact that the set-up, theme and design of the blog are pleasant to the eye is a good reason to check it out in the first place. However, it is a blog that will be useful to educators, teachers or just education enthusiasts because the blog is filled with useful tips, ideas, information and data that will be useful for a teacher. Coming from an experienced teacher, you get to get information on the teacher-student relationship, classroom management and organisation, and even insights on some subjects like maths.
10. Digital Learning by Mark Pegrum: As the name implies, it is a blog for digital learning enthusiasts. Mark Pegrum, the founder, is an associate professor in the Graduate School of Education at The University of Western Australia in Perth. He is also the Deputy Head of School (International), with responsibility for overseeing their offshore programmes and international connections. He specialises in digital technologies in education, with a particular focus on mobile learning in his courses. Through his blog, he shares his knowledge on digital technologies in education, so it is a go-to place for more insight on digital learning.
11. PenPencilEraser: Having such a unique name, the website caters to school administrators for effective school administration. On the website, they are described as “your smart online school management system,” offering “secured, comprehensive, dynamic, integrated and smart school management software for effective control.” In simple terms, it is software that school management can trust to help them run every aspect of the school, to help have a better and improved school environment.
12. Emerging EdTech: Founded by Kelly Walsh, Emerging EdTech is a blog that focuses on technology as it touches education. Technology has an effect on practically everything in this millennium, including education. Kelly Walsh is the CIO at The College of Westchester in White Plains, New York and he also teaches as a member of the Faculty of Administration. So he is in education and he uses the blog to interact with a technologically savvy community of people, especially as it concerns using it to improve on education.
13. Milton Hershey School: The website is the official website of Milton Hershey School, where information and news about the school are given. In existence for over 100 years, the school provides an opportunity for income-eligible families to send their wards to a top-notch educational environment from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Although cost-free, the school, located in Hershey, PA, offers opportunities for hands-on learning, after-school homework hours and individualized attention from experienced teachers. Perhaps, the greatest attraction to the school is the fact that they believe every child deserves the best education irrespective of their family background.
14. Resourceaholic: The subject that many students probably run from is mathematics and all the various derivatives that it is called in various countries. For some reason, the love for the subject eludes many students and they believe it is an insurmountable subject. The onus is, therefore, on the maths teacher to find a way to make the students enjoy the subject enough to do well in it. That is where Resourceaholic comes in. It is a blog providing resource materials, ideas and information on how to teach secondary school mathematics.
15. Classroom 2.0: Classroom 2.0 offers ideas and tips on how to manage and organize a classroom as well as pieces of training on the best methods to teach. The resource materials are not simply provided in written articles, but also webinars, videos and even live conferences to make it interesting to learn. Knowing how to teach is as important as knowing what to teach. And class management and organization is also as important in imparting knowledge, so it is a good blog for teachers and educators.
16. Web 2.0 Connected Classroom: The blog is owned by Steven W. Anderson, Speaker, Author and as he describes himself, Educational Evangelist. Steven has worked as a Teacher, Instructional Technologist, and Director of Instructional Technology, as well as consultant with educators around the world, teaching them to understand the technology and social media as it relates to education. The blog is therefore a reflection of the work he does normally. The blog provides insight on how to harness technology for effective learning.
17. SAIS: SAIS stands for Southern Association of Independent Schools. The website is the official website of the association, an organisation consisting of over 375 independent K-12 schools, representing over 200,000 students, with a virtual staff of 9. The organisation was established to help Southern independent schools attain excellence by providing high-quality accreditation processes, complete specialized growth opportunities, and visionary leadership advancement programs. The website features all information on them, their activities and events.
18. Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning: It is definitely not your professional blog but more of a lecture room, except in this case, it is online. The website is an extension of Dr Ray Patore’s course, Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning. Dr Pastore is a professor of Education at Bloomsburg University. The professor has taken his class beyond the conventional classroom to teach practical technologies that improve the teaching and learning process. So, even without enrolling on the school, you can enjoy learning as well from this great opportunity.
19. Edtech for Beginners: A lot more people are beginning to see the importance of educational technology, especially in this technologically savvy world, but it is hard for them to get on the train because they do not know how to start. That is why the blog is here to help beginners with all they need to get started on educational technology. Neil Jarrett, who is the founder, year 6 leader at an international school in Shanghai, China and a recent Google Certified Educator. So if you need to learn about using technology to improve learning, you are in a good place.
20. The Educator: The joy of every educator is to have a career in education and be able to do their part in imparting knowledge to the younger generation. The Educator is definitely a place to visit if you are a young graduate looking to further a career in education or even an experienced educator that is looking for more challenges. The blog offers career advice and resources that will help you in furthering your career as well as job vacancies. The website also has provisions for those who want to keep up to date with news and information in the educational sector.
21. EpinVoucher: Epinvouchers is an active education blog in Nigeria. The blog features up to date education content, career advice, information about schools and education news in Nigeria. If you are looking for an education platform, then you have come to the right place
22. Campus Hunt: Finding the right university and the right course of study can be quite tasking because making decisions does not always come easy to most but also because that decision can affect how your career will turn out after school. The team at campus hunt help students plan their future by offering counselling and advice on career choices and even helping them get into the choice of higher institutions. If you are a student or even a parent who wants to be involved, then this is a good blog to visit in order to help you make informed choices.
23. Teaching and Learning Guru: As the name implies, Teaching and Learning Guru is a go-to place to learn from experts on teaching and learning. The platform is founded by Andy, who has over 12 years of experience being a teacher. He shares his experience with other teachers on teaching and learning, leadership, Edtech, managing teacher workload and more. So, there is a lot to learn from the guru(s). Also, there is a provision for guest posts, so if you have knowledge that would help other teachers, you should visit the blog for that.
24. Indiana University: Boosting a well-rounded student life, according to their website, Indiana University provides a wonderful experience of what college should be like, and the endless opportunities that come with it; top-ranked academics, awe-inspiring faculty, dynamic campus life, international culture, phenomenal music and arts events. The website is the official website of the school, featuring all one needs to know about the school.
25. Rutgers Center for Effective School Practices: CESP is affiliated with Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey. The Center offers technical assistance to different organisations including schools and government agencies to ensure the implementation of research into best practices and build the capacity of professionals to engage in informed decision-making that is based on research and data. The website documents information on the Center as well as their activities.
26. Teach Thought: Based on their caption that says, “we grow teachers,” the blog is focused on teaching teachers good methods of teaching. The platform is founded by Terry Heick, a former classroom teacher who is interested in innovation in teaching, especially as it concerns K-12. If you are a teacher of the mentioned grades, then you should visit the site to learn teaching through thought leadership, resource curation and curriculum development among others.
27. MultiBriefs Exclusive Articles: The website provides industry-specific news and information. If you are a member of an industry or association and you need information on your specific industry, then this blog is for you. For example, as an educator or education enthusiast, you will also find news and information based on education that will suit you. As a leader of an educational industry or any other industry for that matter, instead of scouting all over the internet for news for your members, this blog has got you covered.
28. November Learning: November Learning seeks to change the way people think about education. Founded by Alan November, an educator with close to 40 years of experience, the platform consist of other passionate educators and school leaders, who desire to inspire educators to look beyond the usual, normal or ordinary in education. By visiting the website, you get to learn about empowered learning and teaching and have a better teaching experience.
29. The Jack Phan Daily: Jack Phan, who is the founder, is an entrepreneur and C-Level Executive who has founded several start-ups with exits as founder, investor and advisor. Jack Phan has over 20 years of experience in executive leadership, product development, digital marketing and operations. The blog is his way of sharing the knowledge he has acquired for all these years. The website is like a daily but in this case, you get information on different subjects ranging from business, leadership, science to technology.
30. St. Cloud State University: Located between downtown St. Cloud and Beaver Island, a group of over 30 islands on the Mississippi River, St. Cloud State University is ranked among America’s Top Colleges by Forbes. One thing the school stands out for is the hands-on learning experience through community engagement in order to prepare students for actual life and work outside school. The website is the official website of the school, where you find all the information you need about the school.
31. Programming Librarian: Programming Librarian is the website of the American Library Association Public Programs Office and they promote cultural and community programming as a vital part of library service. The website was set up to cater to library professionals in order to share, learn and be motivated to offer excellent programming to their communities. As a librarian or library professional, the website will be useful for getting resources and ideas on community programming.
32. Teach 4 the Heart: As the name implies, the website is a place where you will find inspiration to teach from your heart. Faith-based, you learn and get ideas and inspiration that you need to move on and overcome some of the frustrations that sometimes comes with teaching. No matter how much we enjoy our passions, sometimes, it just gets too overwhelming, if you want to be energized with positivity in times like that, then this blog is for you.
33. Khan Academy: Khan Academy provides free educational content in different forms like instructional videos and practises exercises covering subjects like math, chemistry, art, etc.
34. Fractus Learning: Fractus Learning is a website comprising of a group of expert educators, who have all had years of experience teaching and seek to pass the knowledge they have garnered across. The website concentrates on providing information, tips, ideas, resource materials and insight on teaching and relating with students from Kindergarten to the 12th grade. It is not only useful for teachers of these grades but parents as well who have wards in these grades.
35. Jessica Lahey: The founder, Jessica Lahey, is the author of an educational book, titled, “The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed.” Her blog features tips, information and insight on how to manage children as parents. She also has personal experiences of her adventures as well as news on government policies and happenings concerning education and children. Whether you are a parent or teacher, you will find her blog useful and even if you simply want to relax and read about someone else’s experiences, there is something for you.
36. ELearning Industry: ELearning is a network-based media and publishing company consisting of an online community of eLearning professionals. Founded in 2012, the platform was created in order to help eLearning professionals and instructional designers share knowledge and connect in a safe online community where they can stay up to date with the latest industry news and technologies, as well as find projects or jobs. It is a useful community for eLearning professionals to join or simply to visit to read up.
37. We are Teachers: We are Teachers is an online media brand for teachers by teachers. The platform seeks to inspire teachers and help them be the best at their craft by providing them with tips, practical ideas, information, advice and even humour. According to the website, they are like a “virtual teacher’s lounge where you can find support and encouragement from your colleagues, a great idea for your next reading or math lesson and a laugh when you need it.”
38. Free Technology for Teachers: Teachers are not left out of the technological trends that have visited the world in this era. The blog is founded by Richard Byrne, a former high school social studies teacher, award-winning blogger and a Google Certified Teacher. The blog provides resource materials to help teachers in their teaching. It also provides insight into using technology correctly to improve student engagement and achievement.
39. Edutopia: Edutopia is the website of the George Lucas Educational Foundation. Among other things, they collaborate with university partners and research firms to identify best practices towards education. So, the blog is a channel whereby they feature their researches on the best practices and innovations in education in order to inspire all who are involved in education; parents, teachers, students, education administrators and policymakers to change education for the better. The website is friendly for all, especially if you are connected or passionate about the state of education.
40. Discovery Education: Discovery Education is a resource place for finding digital content for Kindergarten to the 12th grade. You find standard and award-winning digital textbooks and multimedia content for your students to improve personal development. Whether you are a student, parent or teacher of these grades, then this website will be useful to you to acquaint you with digital materials that will help you discover the world.
41. The DonorsChoose Blog: DonorsChoose is a charity organisation focused on helping teachers meet their needs for their classrooms and help fulfil classroom projects. The brainchild of Charles Best, a teacher at a Bronx public high school, the website was set up for teachers to post classroom projects requests and donors can pick the one they want to donate to. It is a way of helping these classrooms and ultimately building the future of the students. The blog features tips for projects, student thank-you notes and success stories that will inspire you.
42. National Geographic: Popular as a Television station focused on the world and the various components that make up the world, including animals, plants, mountains among others. The website of National Geographic features educators and explorers. There is a provision for providing grants as well as several resource materials including live video conversations with explorers to educators in order to help them inspire their students to explore challenges and discover solutions within the four walls of the classroom and beyond.
43. Pearson: At Pearson, it is believed that in a fast-changing world, education is the key to success. Therefore, they desire their quota in helping promote and improve education. The website offers tools, content, news and information, products, and services designed to help people adapt to the fast-paced world, steer its challenges and opportunities, in order to make progress in their lives, whether as educators themselves or to move on to other careers.
44. Twinkl Educational Publishing: The platform is like a community of like-minded people in education where you can have access to all forms of resource materials to help your teaching experiences. Subscribing to be a member means having access to different resource materials including craft ideas, display materials, lesson planning, and assessments as well as listening ears to help improve your teaching.
45. Teaching Channel: Teaching Channel is a forum for teachers where they can find other teachers and in an environment where they can learn, connect, share and inspire one another to be better teachers. It is an interactive platform that allows teachers to teach one another about all they need to help every student grow and ultimately, improve education.
46. Educational Technology and Mobile Learning: As the name implies, it is a website that provides tips, information, research, and all other technological resources that will help teachers in this technologically driven world. There are many technological innovations that can help improve the teachings of teachers, make it better or at least help them relate to their technologically savvy students of this generation. This website is a good place to find ideas on how to infuse technology into teaching to improve the classroom experience.
47. Ed Surge: Ed Surge is like your typical go-to place for news and information about technology and education. The website offers up to date resources to help people who use, implement, manage edtech to understand better the role of technology in education as well as learn of any innovation or news and information about edtech.
48. Faculty Focus: Faculty Focus is a website for the college classroom. A lot of focus is given to k-12 or high school and not much is given to a college classroom. Luckily, Faculty Focus is here to provide the college professor with tips, ideas and insight on effective teaching strategies for his classroom in order to improve his teaching and the learning experience of the students.
49. Shakeuplearning: Shakeuplearning.com is one of the top international education blog spots that serve its audience well by providing them with useful tips on education. Shakeuplearning.com focuses on providing teachers and educationists with resources that that will improve them and put them in a better position to positively impact the futures of their students.Shakeuplearning.com is a resourceful blog that will be very useful to teachers all over the world most especially with its unique services like; courses and certifications that give teachers the opportunity to learn more and improve. If you are searching for great opportunities as a teacher, then this blog is a must-visit for you.
50. Thecornerstoneforteachers: Teachers all around the world in pursuit of advancement and development in education will find thecornerstoneforteachers.com a good research platform. Thecornerstoneforteachers.com is an informative and career-building blog that focus on services that are targeted to meet the needs of teachers from every part of the world.Thecornerstoneforteachers.com ranked as one of the top international education blogs that provide teachers with good information and resources.
51. Gettingsmart: Gettingsmart.com is an international education blog that provides educational materials and resources designed to improve learning and education. It is useful to both teachers and students. With its unique services and educational materials like their different learning platforms and topics that improve learning to a very large extent, gettingsmart.com has ranked as one of the top international education blogs.
52. Codemint: Code Mint is a computer-based website that provides all the resources you need to write your project as a computer science student. Also, as a technologically savvy person, you can also enjoy all the resources that the website has to offer. Code Mint has all the codes, scripts and plugins that will interest a technologically savvy person. If you are a teacher and looking for a place to share an educational project topic, codemint has thousands of tutorials that you can use. This blog supports education-oriented tutorials that aim at bridging the gap in education. With well research content, education innovations and all, Codemint offers you the latest technology news at the best teaching experience.
53. Hechingerreport: Hechingerreport.org is one of the top international education blogs that focus on covering innovations and inequality in education in the world. This blog supports education-oriented schemes that aim at bridging the gap of educational inequality. With its purposeful and unique objective of covering educational innovations and inequality, hechingerreport.org has emerged as one of the top international education blogs in the world that promote learning and innovation.
54. Eschoolnews: Eschoolnews.com provides daily tech news and innovations for teachers and learners. As things change gradually every day, new things are also being innovated on a daily basis. To get the latest news on technology change and innovations in education for both teachers and learners, eschoolnews.com is the resource platform you need to keep up with technological innovations and news to get the best out of your teaching and learning experience.
55. Smartclassroommanagement: Smartclassroommanagement.com is one out of very few education blogs that focus on helping teachers with classroom management and planning. Smartclassroommanagement.com helps teachers better maintain and manage their classrooms efficiently. In line with classroom management and training, art classroommanagement.com provides materials and resources to help teachers effectively manage their students and classroom. This blog is a recommended blog spot for teachers and educators all around the world.
56. Neatoday: Neatoday.org provides updates and news from the national education association that is targeted at improving education. Apart from the news and update provided by the blog, you will get exposed to features on education like; education success tip, advice that will help you thrive as a learner or educator.Neatoday.org provides news and update to help educationist and teachers all around the world.
57. Fractuslearning: Fractuslearning.com is one of the top education blogs that focus on facilitating learning and the education process. Fractuslearning.com frequently come up with ideas, technique, and tools that promote and facilitate the learning process for both educators and learners. One of the amazing things about the blog is that it exposes teachers and parents to the best techniques to teach their students and children. Another great feature about fractuslearning.com is that also innovates great techniques, skills, and toys that enhance learning.
58. Emergingedtech: Emergingedtech.com is an international education blog that focuses on improving education internationally through the use of modern technology. Emergingedtech.com engages educators and technologists to better improve education through technology as an enabler and instructional tool. With its unique feature of using technology to facilitate education, emergingedtech.com has emerged as one of the top education blogs.
59. Edsource: Edsource.org is one of the top international education blogs that focus on highlighting students strategies to improve education and enhance learning. Edsource.org stands out as a good resource platform for teachers, educators, and students. To get good and resourceful information on education internationally edsource.org is the right place to visit.
60. Middleweb: Middleweb.com is a top international education blog that focuses on middle school and middle grades education facilitation and resources. Middleweb.com provide resources for teachers, school leaders, parents and others interested in the education and success of young adolescents. Apart from the focus on equipping teachers and educators, middleweb.com provides good academic resources for young students also, to improve the learning standards all around the world.
61. Elearninginfographics: Elearninginfographics.com is one of the top international education blogs that focuses on passing educational instruction and advice across through the use of infographics. Elearninginfographics.com supports education through e-learning and social learning. E-learninginfographics.com is a very informative blog that provides educational updates to teachers and students.
62. Georgecouros: Georgecouros.ca is one of the top international education blogs that provides educational resources and materials that improve education and learning. Georgecouros.ca is one of the top education blogs that serves its audience with strong educational content.
63. Pernillesripp: Pernillesripp.com is an international education blog that provides and promotes education through informational material that helps build up teachers and educators. Pernilleesripp.com is one of the foremost education blogs that promote learning and education on a world level.
64. Teachlikeachampion: Teachlikeachampion.com is one of the top international education blogs that focus on improving teaching skills to help teachers and educationist perform better in what they do. Teachlikeachampion.com is a must-visit resource blog for teachers that want to improve on themselves and make a positive impact on their students in the most effective way.
65. Theedublogger: Theedublogger.com provides its audience with good educational information and resources that meet their need. Theedublogger.com provide services like; teacher resources, articles and advice for students, and also campus press that brings updates and news about campus happenings and life. As one of the top educational blogs, theedubloger.com is a recommended education blog.
66. Coolcatteacher: Coolcatteacher.com is one of the top education blogs that provide very helpful educational resources for teachers and educators. Coolteacher.com is one of the recommended education blogs for teachers and educators.
67. Classtechtips: As one of the top education blogs in the world, classtechtips.com provides educational aids to students and teachers through the use of technological equipment. Classtechtips.com focuses on the use of tech to facilitate the learning and study process. Through the use of tech, classtechtips.com make educational updates and information available to everyone around the world.
68. Catlintucker: Catlintucker.com have ranked on different platforms as one of the top education blogs that provide exclusive learning and teaching and learning methods for teachers and students in the most informative way. Catlintuker.com is a good platform that provides good learning facilities for students with their personalized learning approach where students learn and are able to evaluate their learning process. Students that wish to monitor their learning process should find this blog very helpful.
69. Teachercast: Teachercast.net is an educational network that aims at bringing teachers all over the world to share ideas and help each other where necessary. As one of the top education blogs in the world, teahercast.net focus on making teachers better by providing materials that enhance the teaching and learning process. For every teacher that wants to become better, this platform is a good one for you.
70. Ajjuliani: Ajjuliani.com is an education blog that focuses on preparing students and learners for anything, rather than preparing them for something particular. Ajjuliani.com intention is to bring out the creativity hidden in every learner by intentional facilitating innovation through learning. Ajjuliani.com is a good blog for innovative minds.
71. Theeducatorsroom: Theeducatorsroom.com main purpose is to reposition education and how people see teachers all over the world. The aim is to ascertain the position of teachers as a vital role in educational reformation. Theeducatorsroom.com does this through the use of social media to inform, inspire, and dialogue with thousands of teachers and educators all over the world. This blog emerges as one of the top education blogs because of the role it plays in education, as it brings educators all over the world to collaborate to produce quality content through the internet and events.
72. Askatechteacher: Askatechteacher.com is a group of tech education teachers that come together to offer tech tips, advice, and materials to help teachers infuse tech into the classroom. The essence of this is to make the teaching process easy and more interactive. Askatechteacher.com is one of the top education blogs that facilitates education through tech.
73. Dianeravitch.net: Dianeravitch.net is one of the best education blogs that provides educational information to help teachers and students. As one of the top education blogs, dianeravitch.net is a recommended blog to get education-related news and aid.
74. Practicaledtech: Practicaledtech.com is dedicated to helping teachers and educationists use technology in teaching. This blog provides teachers with news and updates that will help them improve their skills on the use of technological gadgets for teaching. Practicaledtech.com help teachers save their time and increase student engagement through their tech courses and handbooks.
75. Teacherrebootcamp: Teacherrebootcamp.com is one of the top education blogs that focus on improving teaching methods and learning processes through the use of technological devices like phones, tablets etc. to facilitate teaching on the go for both teachers and students. The blog achieves this by taking note of technology trends and fusing it into the teaching and learning process. Through this blog, teachers get good resources that will help them in their teaching process.
76. Theeducator:Theeducator.com is one of the top education blogs that provide the latest news and update on education. The unique aspect of this blog, unlike another education blog, is that it doesn’t only give education updates and news that focus on teaching resources, it also gives teachers information about job openings in the teaching sector, so teachers and those interested in teaching jobs can search for jobs, access resources, and get career advice. Theeducator.com is a good resource place for anyone interested in education.
77. Speedofcreativity: Speedofcreativity.org is one of the few education blogs that aims at bringing out the creative aspect of students and learners. The blog focus on the creative use of multimedia to help students share what they know with media. The blog also makes learning materials and resources available to teachers and students.
78. Quantumuniversity: Quantumuniversity.com is one of the world’s largest institutions of higher learning to provide online degrees and certification programs in medicine based on the science of quantum physics. Quantumuniversity.com avails students the opportunity to earn Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and PhD degrees. Quantumuniversity.com is at the forefront of learning technologies including iPad Education, innovative learning management platform, inspiring online video courses, and engaging teaching materials.
79. Wowzers: Blog.wowzers.com provides teaching aids for teachers, the blog helps teachers track their student's progress through the different educational resources and materials provided. Wowzers robust award-winning "Teacher Dashboard", available to both teachers and administrators track individual student and classroom progress in "real-time" and includes a variety of reports to ensure that all students are mastering content.
80. Thecanadianhomeschooler: Thecanadianhomeschooler.com is a blog that helps home teachers connect with other people to get relevant educational materials to help with the teaching process from start to finish. The essence of this blog is to help Canadian homeschooling families get access to curriculum, materials, and resources that are relevant to them, their experience and their history.
81. Thepegeek: Thepegeek.com aims at using technology to improve engagements and learning outcomes in P.E classes. This blog tries to make the Physical Education class experience a memorable one for both the teachers and students. They achieve this by providing relevant materials, and resources like; apps, podcasts, seminars to facilitate the learning of physical education.
82. Thejosevilson: Thejosevilson.com is a top education blog that inspires teachers, educationists and all those that are interested in using education as a tool to change the things that are not going on well in society. The blog is like a community that brings teachers and those interested in education all over the world to share ideas. TheJoseVilson.com was named one of the top 25 Education Blogs by Scholastic, Education World, and the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education’s Teach 100.
83. Edtech4beginners: Edtech4beginners.com is an education technology blog that focuses on helping teachers that are new to education technology have a better experience with their students. The blog provides materials and resources that help teachers make use of technological devices for their lessons. The blog provides resources that are helpful and beneficial to the teacher and student.
84. Tutorsfield: Tutorsfield.com.au is one of the top education blogs that focus on everything that concerns tutoring in Australia, from searching for tutoring jobs to getting free tutoring, discount, and resources. This blog helps bring tutors and students together in the most unique and affordable way to people in Australia.
85. Dailyedventures: Dailyedventures.com is one of the top blogs that bring educators all around the world to collaborate, support and share ideas to advance the teaching and learning process. dailyedventures.com also supports the use of technological materials and devices to facilitate teaching and also help teachers acquire relevant certifications and experience in education.
86. Bright Classroom Ideas: Teaching is an art and therefore, should be learnt. Many are very knowledgeable but lack the skills to pass the knowledge across – which is basically what teaching is. The blog is thus, there for the teacher and educators to learn how to be better in the classroom. The blog comes with excellent ideas, tips and information from different experienced contributors that will help you become a better teacher in the classroom.
87. Fuelgreatminds: Fuelgreatminds.com help teachers teach better by providing appropriate resources that will help enhance their skills. Fuelgreatminds.com help schools and teachers with professional development, teacher support, and teacher pedagogy. It also gives teachers all over the world the opportunity to collaborate with other new teachers via social media platforms.
88. Stevehargadon: Stevehargadon.com focuses on revolutionizing the teaching and learning process. The mindset behind this is that most students fail or think of themselves as failures because of the measure used to determine the success of a student. This blog aims at revolutionizing learning methods through the use of technology to support and facilitate learning. Stevehargadon.com make resources available to students and teachers to make the learning process easier.
89. Caffeinatedrage: Caffeinatedrage.com is a top education blog that provides updates and thoughts on public education, life, and politics. Caffeinatedrage.com keep teachers and educators updated on current thought concerning education that ranges from issues affecting teachers to students and learning in an informative and communicative way.
90. Mrhillmusings: Mrhillmusings.wordpress.com is a PYP teacher blog focused on helping teachers reflect on teaching and teaching methods, share their ideas with other teachers around the world, and also learn to become better teachers. The blog also helps to connect teachers all over the world to learn from one another. As a top 100 education blog, mrhillmusings.wordpress.com have been very helpful to educationist.
91. Tieplayeducationalresourcellc: Tieplayeducationalresourcellc.com help create kid-friendly learning and teaching tools for educators. The blog also helps to bring teachers and educationist all over the world together through its unique platform “Guest blog” which allow teachers all over the world to share their wonderful ideas.
92. Theteacherandtheadmin: As one of the top education blogs, theteacherandtheadmin.com focuses on what the school is in our world today and how to change it to become something better to prepare students for the future. The aim is to make schools the best place for kids to grow into happy, healthy and prepared people who will be confident enough to pursue their passions in life. It aims to achieve this by collaborating and communicating with educators all around the world to make the classroom a better place for students.
93. Educationaltechnologyguy: Educationaltechnologyguy.blogspot.com supports and facilitates education technology to aid teaching and learning experience. This blog provides free resources for teachers, educational ideas, and tips, educational topics, personal learning networks, project-based learning, Google, Evernote, discovery education and more.
94. Ryan2point0: Ryan2point0.wordpress.com support deep thinking on the aspect of learning and the learning method. The blogs foster e-learning as a means to make the learning process easier and better. This blog exposes learners to advanced learning enabled by the use of technological devices and gadgets. This blog is a good inspiration to those who want to advance their learning pattern and method.
95. Scholastic Teachables: Scholastic teachables provides great resources for teachers. From lessons plans, mini-book, etc. Scholarship teachables is every teacher's companion because provides you with everything you need to render an awesome lesson.
There are loads of teaching resources at your fingertips.
96. Sciencecheerleader: Sciencecheerleader.com is a top education blog that aims at changing the approach to science by playfully challenging stereotypes about scientists, engineers, and cheerleaders. It also engages people from all walks of life in science by encouraging participation in citizen science activities and inspiring young women to consider careers in STEM. This blog is a good resource place for scientists and science-related professionals. They do this by recasting the image of scientists and engineers while giving the people the opportunity to explore their personal interests as a gateway to science. Members communicate in ways that inspire people using very real and personal stories.
97. Eduwells: Eduwells.com is a top education blog that focuses on the future of education and how to learn better. Eduwells.com supports education technology and how to learn the best way through the use of technological devices that enhance learning.
98. Dropoutnation: Dropoutnation.net is the leading online outlet covering and commenting on American public education and school reform. Reaching more than 20,000 unique readers every month, dropoutnation.net focuses its daily coverage on the policy and practice issues that contribute to the crisis of low educational achievement that leads to children dropping out. Originating out of the commentary and coverage of education.
99. FreeTech4Teachers: This blog exposes teachers to free Technology. It provides teachers with ideas for using free technology resources in their classrooms to make teaching easy and fun. It is created by Richard Byrne as part of the PD course that Richard took with the Great Maine Schools partnership.
Richard Byrne spent eight years as a consultant helping teachers all over the world develop interesting ways to use technology in their classrooms.
100. TeachThought: TeachThought is an amazing education blog for both teachers and parents (homeschooling parents). This blog focuses on creating innovative ways that help teachers pass knowledge in K-12 education.
This blog is dedicated to providing learning models and structures that give room for new possibilities in teaching and learning.
If you are looking for a way to accommodate modern circumstances to your teaching, then this is the blog for you.
There you have it. A list of the top education blogs for 2018. Which of these is your favourite? Please share in the comment below.
PS: Check out the following resources:
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime