For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The Security Account Manager (SAM) will be responsible for all sales of CISCO Security technologies and associated services into their named account list as well as overall nominated vertical market via Channel Partners. This candidate must be able to forge and grow channel relationships as well as direct touch with major target accounts (including select Global Accounts) to drive revenues. The role is based in South African region: potential locations Kenya, SAR or Nigeria.
The SAM will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
Developing a strong sales plan for the region, including both existing and potential customers/government agencies
Driving revenues through new account and/or project acquisition
Forecasting and reporting activity carefully, accurately and in a timely manner as requested from time to time
Identifying major projects within the largest accounts and managing activities to maximize product and services revenue
Providing customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs whilst utilizing effectively SE resources available
Forging high-level relationships within assigned existing government accounts to win incremental business for our Products and Services
Advising Sourcefire on the most appropriate Distributors, VARs, MSSP’s and ISP’s to work with in the Territory for the Products and Services
Teaming with Sourcefire authorized Distributors, VARs and ISP’s on sales opportunities leveraging their capabilities to best effect
Building and executing on a business plan for the region / market sector to maximize revenues, including marketing activities to generate awareness and demand for CISCO Security technologies.
Experienced sales person with at least a minimum of 5 to 7 years of software or security sales.
Direct touch sales combined with the ability to work with a motivated channel
Track record in closing major major deals with both public and private customers for projects valued at or beyond $750,000
Experience selling complex software-based solutions such as network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies) or Network and Systems management solutions preferred
Proven/Quantifiable track record of over-achievement in at least 5 of the last 7 years
Able to create and execute on a go to market plan, leveraging marketing resources, collateral and development funds
Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience
Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to maximize corporate revenue growth.
Track record of closing both tactical and strategic transactions
Good all round knowledge of Security Market, Channel and End-Users
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Proactive with ability to succeed in an dynamic environment
Task/goal orientated and takes ownership
Ability to work remotely from own initiative
High level of attention to detail
Ability to travel is required
A Bachelors level degree or equivalent technical qualification
Professional sales training e.g. Strategic Selling, Power Base or Target Account Selling (TAS)
This is a great opportunity to join Cisco’s Data Center NIGERIA Sales organization and apply your expertise, sales acumen and leadership skills in a role that has high visibility and impact. This is a quota-carrying sales role and the candidate will be driving the sales of Cisco’s Data Center Products in NIGERIA.
Cisco’s Data Center portfolio with UCS, the Unified Compute System combined with Cisco Unified Fabric offers a robust platform for Data Center Virtualization, Next Generation Data Center, Private and Public Cloud as well as VDI infrastructure just to name some of the key market targets. The successful candidate will be responsible for the building and executing the business plan to accelerate the sales of Cisco Data Center products, in NIGERIA.
This role will report to the lead for Data Center for Africa
1. Carries Sales Quota for Cisco’s Data Center business NIGERIA.
2. Work in partnership with Country sales team to drive business.
3. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with Regional Manager of each segments.
4. Work with Channel partners in country and help them plan and execute the UCS element of the Data Center sales plan.
5. Work with the channel team to increase partner coverage in all UCS market segments.
6. Work with Marketing and Business Development teams to launch sales initiatives to increase pipeline.
7. Work with Channels management team to drive sales programs with Channel Partners.
8. Demonstrate business transformation and solution-selling approach.
9. Demonstrate executive relevance, and have ability to position complex solutions at senior IT and CxO level, including Data Center Virtualization, Private Cloud, VDI, RISC Migration, SAP ERP and HANA
10. Demonstrate influence over Customer's & Partner’s strategy/behaviour.
11. Demonstrate clear awareness of the Data Center market pressures & trends and transitions.
12. Understand and articulate Cisco’s vision, strategy and architectural approach to Data Center and specifically UCS
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5- 7 years experience in Data Center, Server ,or application networking industries
- Data Center Application is a plus
- Proven track record in leading and winning major Server business.
- Demonstrated success in launching & executing of Sales Programs with Channel partners.
- Experienced in multi-level selling and comfortable in influencing CxOs, Data Center Managers, IT Managers, etc
- Understand, articulate and position Cisco’s UCS vision both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with Cisco Unified Compute solutions will be a bonus.
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS and Server and specifically x86 competitors like HP, IBM, DELL, Fujitsu, NEC and Hitachi is highly desired.
- Ability to work unsupervised and lead Sales engagements with Cisco’s Data Center partners for UCS business.
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good listening and strong presentation skills
- Strong team player and ability to lead a multi-functional virtual team.
- Open for changes and has ability to adapt to Cisco’s culture
Click here to apply