Vacancy in an FMCG Company
Posted on: 2 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Research and Development Manager for our client which is an FMCG organization.
- Actively involve in product development and recipe formulation on 3 categories; biscuits, pasta and noodles
- Execute R&D projects for marketing and sales generated expectations for creating and executing new product concepts / prototypes and finished product matches from conception through to commercialization stages
- Coordinate all quality improvement and re-engineering of product parameters such as taste, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, physical, chemical and microbiological composition of food
- Staying abreast with eating habits and latest trends in the food service industry and work with the team to introduce new ideas to keep us ahead of the pack
- Develop finished product formulas and cost improved formulas while expending the current finished product portfolio
- Involve in raw material sourcing and approval, plus finished product formula costing
- Actively interface with marketing, the supply chain, and quality
- Ensure consistent regulatory compliance with all production processes and packaging and raw materials
- Deliver R&D technical support while also meeting the business needs of the various categories
- Develop and actively evolve a central business specific R&D facility
- Actively participate in assigned technical R&D product development activities
- Ensure finished product development compliance with NAFDAC and Nutrition Society of Nigeria government regulations plus private industry standards such as Kosher, Halal and Snack Foods Association (SFA).
- Support new product plant introduction/commercialization while maintaining compliance with quality and food safety mandates
- Oversee and generate new product development finished product specifications
- Oversee generation of R&D product technical briefs, R&D Plant trial report and R&D commercialization reports
- Work closely with the Head of Technical unit Deli, Pasta and Noodles to deliver specifically assigned Research and Development technically based product development activities on time
- Build a team capable of meeting current and future company product development requirements
- Identify product needs, assist in developing products to fill those needs, and disseminate product information throughout the organization.
- Build and develop recipes to fill marketing matrix
- Write all product instructions, determine product labeling and packaging
- Bring potentially systemic problems that require immediate action to the attention of the business
- Supervise the technical team while carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university strongly preferred with a focus in Food science and technology and any other related Science degree with project management training as an added advantage.
- Four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and software including, but not limited to: Excel spreadsheets, word processing, email, and Internet applications and packaging development software.
- Thoroughness, in particular to understanding of Health, safety and hygiene and environmental impact
- 4-6 years project management experience - prioritizing projects by importance and deadline, ensuring that deadlines are met, and keeping stakeholders informed of project/program status. Ensuring the projects’ or programs’ goals, purpose, and criteria are clearly defined. Delegating project assignments and matching the responsibility to the person.
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Have a flare for product development with a track record of launching new products to market
- Candidate should have a meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate a record of achievement in a similar role
- Be passionate about innovation and creativity in the food sector
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor the NPD team to achieve success
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunities at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Somotex Nigeria Limited
- Supply Planner Specialists at Hayat Kimya Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Cement Manufacturing Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Job Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Operations Administrators at Kimberly-Clark
- Nigerian Breweries Plc and ITF - NECA Technical Skills Development Programme 2017
- Transport Manager at a Multinational Manufacturing Company - Aldelia Limited