Vacancy in an FMCG Company
Posted on: 2 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Research and Development Manager for our client which is an FMCG organization.
- Actively involve in product development and recipe formulation on 3 categories; biscuits, pasta and noodles
- Execute R&D projects for marketing and sales generated expectations for creating and executing new product concepts / prototypes and finished product matches from conception through to commercialization stages
- Coordinate all quality improvement and re-engineering of product parameters such as taste, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, physical, chemical and microbiological composition of food
- Staying abreast with eating habits and latest trends in the food service industry and work with the team to introduce new ideas to keep us ahead of the pack
- Develop finished product formulas and cost improved formulas while expending the current finished product portfolio
- Involve in raw material sourcing and approval, plus finished product formula costing
- Actively interface with marketing, the supply chain, and quality
- Ensure consistent regulatory compliance with all production processes and packaging and raw materials
- Deliver R&D technical support while also meeting the business needs of the various categories
- Develop and actively evolve a central business specific R&D facility
- Actively participate in assigned technical R&D product development activities
- Ensure finished product development compliance with NAFDAC and Nutrition Society of Nigeria government regulations plus private industry standards such as Kosher, Halal and Snack Foods Association (SFA).
- Support new product plant introduction/commercialization while maintaining compliance with quality and food safety mandates
- Oversee and generate new product development finished product specifications
- Oversee generation of R&D product technical briefs, R&D Plant trial report and R&D commercialization reports
- Work closely with the Head of Technical unit Deli, Pasta and Noodles to deliver specifically assigned Research and Development technically based product development activities on time
- Build a team capable of meeting current and future company product development requirements
- Identify product needs, assist in developing products to fill those needs, and disseminate product information throughout the organization.
- Build and develop recipes to fill marketing matrix
- Write all product instructions, determine product labeling and packaging
- Bring potentially systemic problems that require immediate action to the attention of the business
- Supervise the technical team while carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university strongly preferred with a focus in Food science and technology and any other related Science degree with project management training as an added advantage.
- Four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and software including, but not limited to: Excel spreadsheets, word processing, email, and Internet applications and packaging development software.
- Thoroughness, in particular to understanding of Health, safety and hygiene and environmental impact
- 4-6 years project management experience - prioritizing projects by importance and deadline, ensuring that deadlines are met, and keeping stakeholders informed of project/program status. Ensuring the projects’ or programs’ goals, purpose, and criteria are clearly defined. Delegating project assignments and matching the responsibility to the person.
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Have a flare for product development with a track record of launching new products to market
- Candidate should have a meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate a record of achievement in a similar role
- Be passionate about innovation and creativity in the food sector
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor the NPD team to achieve success
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at a Multinational FMCG Company - Adexen Recuitment Agency
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Group Of Companies
- Graduate Sales Representatives at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Senior Security Job Vacancy at British American Tobacco
- Latest Job Openings at a Manufacturing Group of Companies - Sales Force Consulting
- Career Opportunities at Promasidor