Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Ref No: 14055111
To identify, develop and win Trade solutions (includes Trade Services, Trade Finance, Supplier Finance, Export and Agency Finance and Commodity Finance)
- To create a significant incremental revenue stream
- To ensure Trade portfolio integrity from a risk and compliance perspective
- To access, develop and open new markets and clients
The vacancy sits within the TTS EMEA/Treasury and Trade Solutions/Trade Services
Divisional Trade Head with overall business responsibility for Trade (Trade Services, Trade Finance, Commodities, EAF, and Supply Chain financing) across SSA including: Strategy, Business Development, Product, Sales, Risk and People.
- Leading and managing a team of 25 professionals responsible for providing trade product expertise and support across 11 presence and 28 Non Presence Countries (“NPC”) across Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) with respect to both corporate as well as FI trade.
- Continue the effort underway to transform the trade business across SSA to the new paradigm to exploit significant structured trade opportunities.
- Champion the development of trade from the traditional trade services product approach to a more holistic domestic and cross border trade finance business with a strong emphasis on innovative thinking, structuring and risk distribution capabilities for trade transactions.
- Direct origination and structuring responsibility for select high impact customers, structuring non-standard solutions, dynamic product development and management.
- Managing all aspects of risk embedded within the business: Credit, XB, Liquidity, and Operational.
- Maintaining the high quality of risk within the trade portfolio across Africa, undertaking periodic reviews of the portfolio in order to manage portfolio risk rating and taking appropriate measures to manage the business within the budgeted cost of credit allocation.
- Participation in and product approval of all new solutions, ensuring that all product/ credit programs are suitably maintained and operated within evolving bank wide guidelines.
- Working with other product and functional partners, (within SSA and off-shore as appropriate) in order to ensure sales pipeline management, quality of trade product delivery and high level of client satisfaction.
- Focus on key initiatives for 2015 which include; EAF, Commodity Financing, GSG x-sell drive and “go for the flows; Asia/Africa and FI/NPC footprint”.
- Take on a lead role as deal primary, selling product solutions against customer opportunities sourced directly and with partners
- Develop product and country strategies for the 5 pillars of Trade
- Ensure product solutions are aligned with regulatory and institutional requirements
- Leadership skills
- Risk skills
- Structuring and Legal Skills
- Balance Sheet Management
- Regulatory and Risk Capital management
- Capital Markets and Liquidity management
- Previous work experience in Product or Relationship management
- Track Record in Sales and Deal Execution
- Track record in delivering structured finance solutions
- Knowledge of trends in the Trade market
- Deep understanding of Risk management is essential and a pre-requisite
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver stretch goals.
- Banking sector knowledge and experience within a developing market context 10-15 years banking/cognate experience of which at least 5 years in management positions.
- Strong understanding of Trade products across the 5 pillars of Trade. Services.
- Strong people management and business development skills.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written as well as presentational.
- Strong analytical and credit skills.
- Product knowledge – especially of structured products involving complex/ large transactions.
- Risk assessment, approval and management experience in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to cover a large complex geography.
- Ability to multi-task and at times work under significant pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- A BSc / BA degree.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications are mandatory
- At least 12 plus years relevant experience in Trade
- Requisite risk background and training demonstrated by credit officer initial
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams across functions and geographies.
- Graduate/Postgraduate qualification preferable.
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Innovative and creative, strategic thinker
- High energy, enthusiasm, self-starter
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in unstructured environment across cultures and geographies
- Strong team player with the ability to take on a hands on approach to problem solving
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good financial analysis/Interpretation skills
Matrix and Direct Reports to the position:
- West & Central Africa: Trade Head East Africa
- South Africa: Trade Head
- Kenya: Trade Head
- Tanzania: Trade Head
- Zambia: Trade Head
- Uganda: Trade Head
- NPC Trade: FI Trade Product Manager Africa
- EAF Transactors: Nigeria and East Africa
- CTF Transactor: SSA
- Trade Finance Head: SSA
- Daily interaction with members of the SSA Trade Team as well as the EMEA Trade Team in London (both product as well as sales)
- Daily interaction with various TTS Heads, Corporate Bank Heads as well as RMs across SSA including NPC RMs.
- Weekly interaction with the teams in Client Delivery and Operations (both across SSA as well as off-shore)
- Periodic interaction with members of risk, legal, accounting, compliance, tax, marketing etc.
- Regular meeting with customers (both Corporate as well as FI) across SSA.
- Periodic meeting with competitor banks, multinational agencies, insurers, and other service providers.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale