The Policy Manager is responsible for the development and execution of technical, policy, research and insight strategy to strengthen and protect ACCA recognition, reputation and influence in the profession and market in Nigeria.
Strategy and Planning
- Work with market head to develop and execute member engagement strategies to promote the value of membership in the market and support members growth and retention targets.
- Work with market head to develop and execute a strategy using the technical, policy and research and insight agenda to protect ACCA recognition in the market and strengthen ACCA reputation and influence among regulators and policy makers.
- Support the market head by providing input into the market business plans relating to members retention and growth and, lead and share the agenda in the profession whilst protecting ACCA recognition.
Technical and Policy, Research & Insights
- Actively participate in technical committees locally, regionally and globally (head office level) to ensure updating and understanding of ACCA policies and views on technical developments, professional development and changes in order to support ACCA work plans.
- ACCA Representative in local regulators' committees, task force and ensure ACCA active contribution and influence on policies in the profession.
- Engage and build relationship with regulators, policy makers (MIF, CBN, SEC, ETC) and identify opportunities to influence and collaborations
- Keep abreast of developments affecting the profession, identify and propose areas for ACCA to influence, provide views, opportunities to collaborate with the right partners
- Develop and execute R& I agenda in the market, align with ACCA Global R& I theme– identify the right themes, partners and initiatives, successful delivery of the agenda.
- Identify and engage talented and prominent members especially C - Level through various interventions (guest speakers, profiling, guest of honour) to encourage strong engagement with ACCA
- Develop and execute the right proposition and initiatives to engage with prominent C- Level members to promote the value of membership and member engagement and retention
- Oversee the development and delivery of annual CPD calendar for members including managing partners on sign post CPDs, vendor relationship to provide quality service to members.
- Support Regional Customer Support members on members retention activities for family level members
- ACCA spokesperson on technical & policy issues, research and insight themes
- Input to, and engagement with CHQ relevant teams such as Professional Development, Technical & Policy, on any projects, policies, R& I theme to ensure market is well represented
- Gather, monitor and share market intelligence including competitive activity
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure talent development and performance management of direct report
- Maintain effective utilisations of budget and resources and ensure team members' compliances to all ACCA operational policies
Key Metrics (financial and/or non-financial):
- Reports directly to the Head of ACCA Nigeria
- Responsible for the successful delivery of ACCA Nigeria's strategies relating technical & Policy, R&I agenda and specific member engagement activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Possess a university degree in accounting with a professional qualification. Solid working experience in a Big Four.
- Be an excellent communicator with excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting and current issues affecting the profession
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and networking skills; confident to network and build relationships with C-Level stakeholders
- Able to work independently and cross teams and also as a team leader
- Be able to deliver agreed KPI's in a results driven environment
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in line with ACCA values and mission.
Head, ACCA Nigeria (line manager) – accountable to – for the achievement of objectives, targets and KPI's – at least monthly and more regular contact as and when required
Technical, Policy and Members team – manage the team to deliver ACCA's strategic priorities
Regional Head of Policy - Regular meetings and contact as and when required to enable delivery of ACCA's strategic priorities in relation to technical & policy
Local teams – as and when required to support the delivery of market priorities
Other ACCA global, regional and local teams as and when required i.e. Technical & Policy, Learning – Professional Development, Governance
Key individuals in regulators, national bodies and other related key influencers within Nigeria
Decision Making (Freedom to Act):
- Development and execution of local member engagement strategy, technical & Policy, R& I agenda. Guidance from line manager on this as and when required
- Responsible for managing an activities budget for the department.
- Responsible for performance management of direct reports
Need to work on the weekends and evenings occasionally
Confident with a natural flair to network and build relationship with senior level people
Fluent in spoken and written English
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here