Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following position:
The FSL Deputy Program Manager will primarily be responsible for implementing the Livelihood sub sector of the Humanitarian multi-sectorial rapid response mechanism (RRM) program in Yobe state, Nigeria implemented by ACF and funded by USAID. Livelihood restoration sub sector aims to protect and restore livelihoods of people affected by insurgency in Yobe State through the replacement or rehabilitation of pre-existing livelihood assets and inputs, through cash based interventions and the capacity building to improve skills or production in pre-existing livelihood assets.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Provide support to the ACF’s RRM Specialist to implement the program successfully, harmonizing and developing technical approach, and ensuring that the technical standards, guidelines and methodologies developed are applied.
- Manage field teams within livelihood sub sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all FSL interventions.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of technical activities under Livelihood subsector.
- Recruitment, capacity building and coaching of field staff within livelihood sub sector.
- Provide support to FSL Coordinator to implement FSL strategy.
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Degree in FSL related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, etc.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous experience with ACF
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.