Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Vacancy type: Permanent position
Location: Nigeria, Kano and Abuja
Service areas(s): Private Sector Development
Salary: Competitive package
About the Private Sector Development team
Private Sector Development is one of our core areas of expertise. We specialise in the design and implementation of programmes that adopt a market systems approach (often referred to as “Making Markets Work for the Poor”), and work on numerous projects related to agriculture, public-private dialogue, business environment reform, business for development, and trade across the world.
About the role
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support technical and project management teams in the planning, budgeting, and resourcing of interventions
- Scrutinise intervention strategies and plans as part of the intervention approval process, to ensure that all programme activities will deliver results and value for money
- Work with the Project Director to create a high-performing programme, including effective human resource management and organisational development
- Monitor whether programme interventions are on-track to deliver results; flag any issues to the Project Director
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as gender and political economy are effectively mainstreamed into the programme
- Provide technical and strategic inputs, as required
- Ensure that project processes and procedures are fit-for-purpose and are effectively implemented
- Provide financial oversight of interventions including maintenance of a resource burn-rate, an accurate financial forecast and provision of other management reports
- Support implementation of interventions including financial management, recruitment, duty of care, and contracting
- Liaise the programme client; support quarterly and annual reporting
The project manager should have:
- A postgraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, business management, or other relevant field from a top-tier university
- A minimum of 3/5 years work experience in market development, consulting or a relevant industry experience
- A demonstrated interest in economic development, particularly in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts
- Willingness to travel and to be relocated in Nigeria
- Outstanding written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, and team-working skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
Method of Application
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Nigeria Project Manager”. Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.