Manager - Product Design & Implementation at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 25 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Manager, Product Design & Implementation
Liaise with vendors and Commercial team to design and configure the charging infrastructure for products & services. Manage charging, provisioning and mediation nodes and develop associated evolution roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the Billing and Product Management team for product / services definition and design.
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Keep abreast of global and local best practice and products/technologies as it relates to the team/ function's activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit's activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources (including personnel) to achieve the unit/ function's strategy.
- Provide input in the identification and documentation of technical specifications for configuring the charging/billing components of all products and services. Responsible for day-to-day management of provisioning, interconnect and mediation systems
- Liaise with Procurement division to document Request for Proposal/Request for Quotation for new billing system, provisioning and mediation systems based on functional specifications. Provide input in the definition of criteria for evaluation and selection of relevant IT vendors.
- Coordinate the solution development / product configuration life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Provide advisory support in the implementation and integration of billing system, provisioning and mediation systems and definition of appropriate roadmaps. Provide input into capacity plans.
- Supervise user acceptance testing in liaison with Finance, Engineering and other relevant functions. Mitigate all business risks that may arise from the configuration of all active products and services.
- Coordinate roll-out of charging / billing infrastructure of products and services, provisioning and mediation systems.
- Work with IT vendors and Billing Solutions Support team to provide user support for deployed charging, provisioning and mediation solutions.
- Liaise with IT vendor to provide documented policies and procedures/user guide for newly deployed charging systems, provisioning and mediation systems.
- Participate in post implementation review of billing system, provisioning and mediation systems, and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Work with relevant team in Finance to monitor post-paid billing system, provisioning and mediation systems, and ensure the billing systems captures accurate billing information.
- Coordinate deployment of patches and upgrades to installed charging system, provisioning and mediation systems
- Ensure minimal impact to subscribers and revenue flow during system changes, upgrades, patches or bug fixes.
- Manage the resolution of all billing-related problems escalated.
- Assist in implementing the function's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates' performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives. Mentor team members and develop their career potential
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Product Management
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Product Management.
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Background / Experience working with Huawei charging nodes will be a strong advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Professional Marketing And Communications Executive at Leadhire Limited
- Regional Research Managers at the International Data Corporation (IDC)
- Urgent Information Technology Job Vacancy at Ultra Media Solutions
- Latest Job Opening at General Electric (GE)
- NYSC Corper at Prodeus Technologies
- CCTv Installation Technician at TechCREW
- Latest Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria
- Dispatch Riders at Malton Technologies Limited (MTL)