Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
The Naval architect is responsible for the delivery of the OLT hull and naval systems, in accordance with Contracts requirements, in particular technical requirements and schedule, ensuring all aspects of the EPCI works are accounted for in due time. This means:
• Following up the Naval Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities performed by OLT Contractor
• Follow up OLT contractor engineering regarding mooring design and naval architecture
• Direct the OLT contractor to effective resolution of all interface matter related to OLT naval architecture and mooring design (RAO).
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Contracts requirements and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Client’s General Specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
• Ensuring that for the Manufacturing and Fabrication of critical items, ITPs are reviewed in due time by the relevant parties and are given the right level of attention
• Assisting Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and leading the resolution of technical issues when necessary
• Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by contractor to other contractors
• Assisting in interface management with FPSO Contractors
• Answering Contractor technical queries as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
• Getting assistance from Client’s specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
• Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary
• Issuing reports and presentations as necessary
• Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary
The OLT Naval architect will also assist the UFR package regarding mooring design and naval architecture subjects.
• To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies for the OLT Buoy will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
• To ensure that the OLT Buoy design will comply with all HSE requirements,
• To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behaviour to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
• To participate to local programmes or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
• To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
• Reports directly to the System Leader
• Accountable for the Naval architecture in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical/ HSE requirements, within schedule and without undue change to the scope
• Ensure achievement and good coordination of all engineering activities and studies related to execution of Buoy scope
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY with MSc or equivalent. Pending experience candidates with BSc may be also given consideration
• 7 years experience in naval architecture and mooring design for deepwater Projects (pending profile, candidates with less experience and previous exposure to OLT/FPSO EPCI projects will be also given due considerations). Relevant experience will include development of detail design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations for FPSO
• Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and Client’sgeneral specifications
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fully conversant with Naval architecture software (calculation of RAO) and mooring design Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
• Geographical mobility is required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.