If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries.
Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy.
Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
- Under direct supervision, prepares and deploys real-time geomechanical modeling applications in the field and office environment.
- Provides recommendations to the client that aide in the prevention or elimination of formation fluid influx, drilling fluid loss and wellbore instability.
- Participates in the quality control processes defined by the practice and interacts with other technical professionals to ensure modeling solutions are timely, robust and of exceptional quality.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of undergraduate degree in engineering or geoscience and at least 1 years of experience in drilling operations.
- Graduate degree in engineering or geosciences preferred.
- Knowledge of onshore and offshore drilling practices is required.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards is required.
- Must possess good communication, supervisory, interpersonal leadership, good verbal communication, presentation, technical writing, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Proven competency in relevant computer software including Drillworks.
- Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required. Experience using data transfer systems such as WITS and WITSML.
- Must be able to explain and apply pore pressure, in situ stress, and rock mechanical property modeling into regional and field level interpretation under general supervision.
- Able to generate basic pre-drill pore pressure and geomechanics solutions to be utilized for well planning applications.
- Can support geomechanically dependent drilling operations and make reasonable recommendations for optimal well construction.
- Certifiable knowledge in one core G&G application and able to support some sub-products (poststack/pal, tdq, rave, earthcube, contour assistant, compass, wellplan, Sun, SGI, and IBM workstations).
- Some systems support capability for the geoscience and engineering professions, ability to work in client server environment.
- 3+ years of UNIX / PC knowledge. Proven competency in 1D Pore Pressure and In situ Stress Modeling using Drillworks (Role Model), 2D Wellbore Stability Modeling using Drillworks (Proficient), Compartment Pressure modeling using Drillworks Safe Seal (Proficient), WITS & WITML Connections with outside vendors (Role Model), prepare and present project results (Proficient), and provide sales support for real-time and pre-drill projects (Proficient).
- Locations may be remote and physically challenging; Fear of flying, water or heights would disqualify a potential applicant. Should be able to teach and mentor Drillworks Standard software package at various locations.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.