Cargo Ground & Freighter Operations Supervisor at Qatar Airways
Posted on: 9 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View Jobs posted same day
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high. From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages and Doha based employees receive a range of allowances and enjoy a tax-free income.
About Your Job:
- In this role you will be responsible for safe cargo operations at station thorough enforcement of QR standards & procedures with the contracted GHA and GSA.
- You will supervise the Weight & Balance activities at the station.
- You will have to monitor and enforce the laws, rules/ regulations as stipulated by QR, QCAA, State & Local Authorities and maintain strict conformity to IATA regulations for safe and secure transportation of in/outbound cargo.
- You will assist in developing and enhancing services offered while also reducing operational costs incurred in the region. You will be a part of the airline operating committee to address infrastructure issues etc.
- You will liaise with the Cargo HDQ for performance/ productivity issues, enforce and supervise GHA for Freighter OPT, monitor to minimise cost associated with freighter handling, initiate and implement steps to improve the quality of service.
- You will also monitor the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Service level Agreements (SLA) with the GHA’s to ensure safe cargo operations.
- You have to ensure that the operations staff/GHA employees of the station have followed mandatory training requirements and possess valid licenses to handle cargo. (DG, LAR etc.).
- You would have to initiate detailed reports (ADQ) for any safety & security issue in line with corporate policy and support investigation and local level.
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You should have a minimum 3 years of work experience in the airfreight industry, preferably experience in the handling of Cargo freighter operations.
- You should have done a Ramp handling course, Basic Rating and DGR experience, Live Animal regulations, Perishable Cargo handling, Load control course – Wide body freighters and Cargo Security Awareness.
- You should have good operations knowledge in A330F and 777F aircraft.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Highest Educational Certificate
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Sales and Marketing Manager at Lagos Aviation Academy (LAA)
- Jobs at Pete Ground Services Limited