Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 5 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
- To effectively manage the irregular and substandard portfolio with Nigeria and report major irregularities.
- To identify potential problems and recommend action, for work - outs ensuring that such action is taken in order to minimize losses.
- To provide guidance to subordinates.
- To set standards and strategies to be adopted/endorsed by Group Special Assets Area Head West Africa
- Report progress made on recoveries and comment on management to Area Head West Africa/ ED Finance and ED, OCC
- Track real potential loss positions and maximum possible loss positions and endorse provision forecast.
- Manage solicitors regarding litigation process to ensure appropriate service is provided and recoveries are optimized with minimal legal cost to the Bank.
- Interpret MIS statistical information relating to performance of recoveries e.g. Delinquency ratio, volume of recoveries made, etc.
- Ensure that scheduled returns are submitted to conform to laid down standards required by Group.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- Strong leadership skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme.
- A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme.
- Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- E-Business Risk Analyst at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Fresh Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Jobs at CLG Securities Limited
- Business Writers - SME Desk at a Reputable Financial Service Institution - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Graduate Job Vacancies in the Financial Services Sector - Kimberly Ryan
- Business Development / Deal Origination in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa at Nexus Capital Markets
- Head of Operations at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- Credit Analysts at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)