FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities 10 address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all US territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
- The Information Technology (IT) Officer, under the supervision of MAPS Operations Manager and additional supervision from I.T Manager based in FHI360 Country Office in Abuja will provide support and maintenance 10 MAPS project's computer and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations.
- S/he will implement new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintainisupport implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
- The IT Officer may be expected to travel a minimum of 25% providing oversight as required at the MAPS supported slate offices.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and troubleshoot Server Syslems and Networks, aulomated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business application to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT "housekeeping" functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products. and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, dalabases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Provide IT training on a periodic basis to FHI360 (MAPS) Nigeria slaff and partner organizations.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all dala on Ihe servers.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Clienl Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required. .
- Make periodic visits 10 field offices to provide troubleshooting support, advise and build the capacity of FHI 360 (MAPS) Nigeria staff and partners in order 10 mainlain Iheir computers at a reasonable level of operation.
- Any other duty assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- B.Eng. Electrical Electronics/B.Sc. Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3-5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- M.Eng. Engineering/MSC Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1-3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users ishighly desirable.
Method of Application
Vacancy closes 10 days after this publication. For detailed informatio, please visit our international employment webpage at www.fhi360.org FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may go to FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter to register online, and to submit CVlresume. FHI360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.